Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: I will never vote Republican again

[ QUOTE ]
Now the dems are idiots as well, different pockets of the same vest. But the repubs are way closer to the Taliban than the Dems are.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they really aren't. The Democrats only seem that way to you because many of the ways they're like the Taliban are ways that YOU are like the Taliban.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:11 PM

heh,

I'm no religious fundamentalist by a longshot.

The ultimate of ironies is that we are attacking reilious zealots worldwide, but we are embracing them at home.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon man -- thats [censored] weak. Saying the democrats are too blame because they didn't stop it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say you're walking down the street in your hometown. You get jumped and the mugger violetly wrangles your wallet from you. You notice, during the confusion, that there is an armed police officer, that your taxes are paying for, standing ten feet away, whistling to himself and purposely ignoring what's going on. The mugger manages to free your wallet and runs off.

You walk up to the police officer and yell "WTF THAT GUY WAS MUGGING ME WHY DIDN"T YOU DO ANYTHING!" The police officer says "I don't know why you're upset at me, I didn't mug you."

YES. The Democrats are to blame.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon man -- thats [censored] weak. Saying the democrats are too blame because they didn't stop it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say you're walking down the street in your hometown. You get jumped and the mugger violetly wrangles your wallet from you. You notice, during the confusion, that there is an armed police officer, that your taxes are paying for, standing ten feet away, whistling to himself and purposely ignoring what's going on. The mugger manages to free your wallet and runs off.

You walk up to the police officer and yell "WTF THAT GUY WAS MUGGING ME WHY DIDN"T YOU DO ANYTHING!" The police officer says "I don't know why you're upset at me, I didn't mug you. You never would have gotten mugged if it was I who m you encountered in that situation."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a poor analogy of how the events actually went down in this last session.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Dems should have either a) voted against the ports bill entirely (it would still have passed) or b) had any chance of getting the words out of the bill?

They are already seen as being weak on security, a vote against the ports bill would have sealed that fate. The republicans knew it and used the best bill available (the demos would have been far more likely to try to filibuster a
DOD bill than a security type bill).

The responsibility of this bill rests squarely on the shoulders of the republicans.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:27 PM

You walk up to the police officer and yell "WTF THAT GUY WAS MUGGING ME WHY DIDN"T YOU DO ANYTHING!" The police officer says "I don't know why you're upset at me, I didn't mug you."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dems gotta pick their battles, and unfortunately for us on this board, they didn't pick this one.

To blame the dem party for this is quite silly.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:27 PM

Where were the Dems when Frist was attaching the Bill?

If you claim that they were unable to stop them, and that we therefore have a system that allows one congressman to simply attach any bill he wants to any other bill, would you agree that the entire system, and the constitution outlining it, is flawed?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ultimate of ironies is that we are attacking reilious zealots worldwide, but we are embracing them at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

equivocation
Old 10-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Only because you keep telling people that.

If all the people that wanted to vote third party stopped voting for your good old boys out of fear of "wasting" thier vote we could get a new government.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where were the Dems when Frist was attaching the Bill?

U
If you claim that they were unable to stop them, and that we therefore have a system that allows one congressman to simply attach any bill he wants to any other bill, would you agree that the entire system, and the constitution outlining it, is flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

nfortunately the Dems were right along his side, waving the flag - this is an election year.
Port security, is a popular issue with the average brainless moron American this year. This is why it passed almost unopposed.
As is immigration, and all of the other BS terrorist, war crap, enemy combatant garbage , that both parties of the government is using to take away much more important rights than internet gaming.

Absolutely - I fully agree that the piggybacking of amendments to bills that have no similarity is BS. Unfortunately the Dems were right along his side, waving the flag - this is an election year. Absolutely - I fully agree that the piggybacking of amendments to bills that have no similarity is BS. Unfortunately the Dems were right along his side, waving the flag - this is an election year.

But I understand why this cannot be blamed on the Dems. - Would you want this issue spun around on your campaign ? That you opposed the port security amendment??

That YOU</u> voted against protecting our borders in favor of internet gaming. An issue that the majority of voters could care less about.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:49 PM

Well, you could tell people that you supported the bill, but wanted unnecessary and unrelated provisions taken out....DUH