Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Does it Affect Canadian Players?

Indeed man... but have you thought of the standards of play back in the olden days of poker? It's quite possible that the quality of play will slip significantly over the long run. A veritable dark ages of poker... also there'll be WAY fewer people at the Main Event, so people will quit bitching about raising the buy-in. [/unfounded optimism]
Old 09-30-2006, 02:43 AM

How does a US law affect Canadian Players? Are you kidding me? WTF, I forgot that Canada was the 51st state. You are SOL Manchild. All your money belongs to Frist now. Damn US government.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:49 AM

Read my location.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it probably significantly upgrades the quality of your competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

You severely overestimate the skill of European's and players from either gambling oriented cultures or places where poker is still relatively new.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 AM

nah, if you want to get technical - why the **** should someone else's iron age myth affect my ability to play poker online in the 21st century?
Old 09-30-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know there's a lot of threads popping up because of this, but thought this one might be somewhat valid... I guess if it's not it will fall off the page pretty quick.

How does this affect Canadian players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, but what kind of question is this? Obviously the US can't pass laws in Canada, so you must be wondering about side effects of the US bill... millions of US players affected, yet astonishly the rest of the world doesn't notice? Yeah, it affects everybody that plays. But us the most. Land of the free...

Now that I mocked your question...can I move in with you?

Edit: I see your post adds the word "how", a useful change to your question, but I am not changing my post and I make a good tenant...no loud party's, or dope smoking.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:18 AM

the only thing i worry about is all the large canadian banks have operations in the evil neighbour to the south. hopefully they won't give in to the nonsense.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:01 AM

We from other countries are also observing what is happening, its a real shame like a poster before me said "land of the free". It will affect online poker very much because as you stated majority of players comes from USA. There is a significant amount of players from all over the world and more and more people are playing it, and there are many fish but nevertheless if it comes to that it will never be the same.

I just cannot understand how this can happen in USA where gamblind and especially poker is a big tradition if i am not mistaken.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just cannot understand how this can happen in USA where gamblind and especially poker is a big tradition if i am not mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you mean because it's called Texas Hold 'Em? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's really a crime that this happened in the manner that it did. Were this bill put forth on its own, it never would have passed. However it was tacked onto a "Port Security" bill that no one could politically vote against, and done so at the last minute.

Despite what some have stated here, it's ridiculous to believe that the overall quality of play will go up or down because of this. What will happen is there will be significantly less money in play, which is bad for everyone.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 AM

the fact is that the better players, the serious players, will find a way to play again. They will move somewhere else or they will find a way to keep playing.

The fishes who are playing for fun 1 or 2 days a week will NOT do these things to keep playing, they will just stop.

So we lose a LOT of fish and good US players will find a way to keep playing.

Poker sites will do more advertising elsewhere in the world, but it can take a while to see only the half of what we have now.

Dark days are coming for the online poker, and not only for Canada players. It's a recession of 2-3 years for poker population, with more good players than 3 years ago.