Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Bonzi Wells to Houston Rockets

your also exaggerating his defensive capabilties. they aren't that bad.

last year on the kings. production of his opponents pre was 15.9 while Artest while on the Kings was 16.1 according to 82games.com. i'm pretty sure houston would have a lot of trouble finding a better deal. please point a better deal that comes from someone who doesn't have a rookie contract.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
players who make around 2.5 million a year that are not rookies:

brian scalabrini

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd ask you to never mention this again. I like having him on the team just to crack jokes about, but I can't believe he's even in the NBA, much less making 15 over 3.

But you're right, Bonzi is an absolute steal at this price. He should've taken the Kings deal, but I'm sure Kevin Martin is really excited that he didn't.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM

the rockets definitely got a good deal here...i'm surprised since wells was supposedly going to get a monster contract after a good run late last year...oh well, kudos to the rockets anyway...
Old 09-28-2006, 03:55 PM

actually you are right, for some reason I thought this was a 2 year, 5 mil per year deal. At 2.5 it is a good deal for Houston. here's what I expect to happen, Bonzi will have close to a double double season and someone will sign him for way more money then he is worth, or else he will fall flat and miss out on tons of dough he could have had. Sactown would have been incredibly dumb to sign him long term for anything over 5 mil a season. Bonzi is dillusional if he thinks he will get a better offer than that next year.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is Wade and Shaq are better than T-Mac and Yao and seem to have less health problems less than T-Mac or Yao. Yes Shaq gets hurt but every year he's good to go in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have a healthy Tmac & Yao over Shaq & Wade.

What I like about this pickup (besides the price) is, in the right playoff matchup, he'll provide some mismatches for Houston, like he did for the Kings last year. There aren't a lot of teams that'll be able to guard both Tmac & Bonzi when they're both on the court. Plus he's got to be one of the leaders in RPG from the SG position.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:21 PM

A healthy T-Mac > a healthy Dwayne Wade.

A healthy Yao = a healthy Shaq.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:39 PM

You obviously haven't seen too much of T-Mac in the playoffs. The guy is a choker. Injury comes into question HEAVILY when it comes to T-Mac. In comparison to other top swing guys in the league, he is the most injury prone and the worst in the playoffs. There's no way in hell T-Mac would have done what Wade did against Detroit. There's no way in hell.

T-Mac is OVERRATED. No top player in the league, especially considered better than Wade, should win a playoff series in 8 years in the league. Yao is probally better than Shaq in the regular season but in the playoffs it's hard to go wrong with Shaq. It's the reason he's been to the finals six times and won 4 times.

Wade is better defensively, he's got better shot selection, and a better leader. He also doesn't go soft on his team when he's upset. He played for a loser in Miami when he first got their and built the team into a 2nd round playoff loser as a rookie and then with Shaq has done pretty incredible things with marginal talent after their 1-2 punch. Marginal in comparison to the top WC teams.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A healthy T-Mac > a healthy Dwayne Wade.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG NO!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your also exaggerating his defensive capabilties. they aren't that bad.

last year on the kings. production of his opponents pre was 15.9 while Artest while on the Kings was 16.1 according to 82games.com. i'm pretty sure houston would have a lot of trouble finding a better deal. please point a better deal that comes from someone who doesn't have a rookie contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

those defensive rankings on 82games are not that good for determining a players defensive value.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Kings fan. I like Bonzi but he got screwed this FA period by his own merits and his agents. At his age he should have never expected such a large contract and settled with a mockery of a contract that will let him out quickly.

The problem with the Rockets still remains the same, they are extremely dependant on 2 guys, Yao and T-Mac, who can't burden the total shoulder of the team.

I like their first 6 other than Juwan who I think isn't a championship caliber 4. Rafer isn't exactly great either but neither was J-Will for the Heat. The thing is Wade and Shaq are better than T-Mac and Yao and seem to have less health problems less than T-Mac or Yao. Yes Shaq gets hurt but every year he's good to go in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]I think you're greatly underestimating J-Will. Hes developed into a very good PG.