Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Take a shot! 5/10 250BBs deep, turn a set and get minraised?

[ QUOTE ]
So plan of now is call turn and:

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1085, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $375</font>, Hero?

a) Calls
b) Raises to?
c) Pushes
d) im obv not folding

[/ QUOTE ]

Minraise him back. Holla!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:40 PM

Time for meta-game!!! Min raise him on the river and then taunt him mercilessly about it.

In all seriousness...
I call the turn, then re-evaluate. The river giving you the full house is extremely interesting. He probably knows you don't have the flush, so how is his thinking reflected in that river bet? Enough to knock off the ace of diamonds but no so much that he can't fold to a slide...or is it a value bet with a bigger full house hoping you will slide? I am leaning towards the former and I think a min-raise would not only be funny, it might be the right amount to raise.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have the worst FH and he bet tiny. I probably just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
He bet tiny because he's scared of the board pairing. That doesn't mean he'll fold. He bet weak and knows it, so he can talk himself into calling a raise with a flush.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:34 PM

I say you do a bit more than min raise the river. like 500 more. Instamuck to further action, saving your last 1k.

He pays off a small raise if he turned the flush. Maybe even pays off some weaker hands. I cant see a push from a hand that you beat, however, if you are afraid he might bluff you here, then just call.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:59 PM

perfect so far, now push riv.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say you do a bit more than min raise the river. like 500 more. Instamuck to further action, saving your last 1k.

He pays off a small raise if he turned the flush. Maybe even pays off some weaker hands. I cant see a push from a hand that you beat, however, if you are afraid he might bluff you here, then just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it. however, i wouldn't be scared of getting bluffed so never call.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. you are not going to get paid off by a weaker hand enough times if you push river.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:58 PM

1000 on top on river. RAISE HIS WEAK ASS BLCOKING BET
Old 09-25-2006, 08:22 PM

For those that have answered:

a) Call.

We are deep, and it would suck to raise and be pushed on obviously. It is the safest play, and under most conditions probably my favorite. The only thing is, I do not want to show down this hand without a bet on the end. If I am ahead (which is a lot), then the information he just gained on me is going to suck. I am not saying I am not a competant deep stack player, but like I said before the stakes + stack size altered my play. I do not want to look like I can be run over because this guy will, he's very good at playing captain. This is a meta-game reason of course, but it weighed on my thought process a lot.

Also what could he possibly be minraising on the turn that beats us on the river? He would raise my flop bet with a set for sure, there is next to 0% chance that he has this on the turn, unless it is top set which just doesn't make sense imo. His river bet looks a lot like a small value/blocking bet doesn't it?

Given these arguments, do you still call? Is meta-game NOT that important as I will definately be playing this guy in the future?

b) Push

Can a hand we beat really call this big of a push? For a thinking player, I would think that he could get away from any flush here, besides possibly the nut flush. Remember, he knows that I am playing above my current roll, which usually means that huge bluffs aren't normally going to be in my artillery.

It is very close and I still don't know what the best option really is. I felt as if I was only going to be called by a hand that beat me here if I pushed. I know I over-analyzed it, which I blame on the stack vs. my bankroll on the site, lol.

c) Raise, but only 350-500.

This is a different option, and I believe that it may confuse a thinking player while getting value out of the hand that could possibly be killed by the other two options.

The only problem was being pushed on. If I got pushed on, I think I would vomit all over my computer. I would have to be beat, right? Like I said previously, this guy isn't going to donk around. He's pretty solid.

Also, this bet could portray huge strength rather than a push that could look desperate.

I am very stuck between b and c. I still do not know what the best option really is in this situation.

I'll post results tonight/tomorrow morning, I just want to see opinions on my thought process. If I am putting too much into it, I want to know please.

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 PM

I like your analysis in the last post here. Don't worry that you are thinking too much. This is a good thing you are doing. If it were me, I would probably raise to 1000. I would also call his all-in at that point. The pot would be huge and his bet would basically be less than a minraise over yours.

Next time, don't get yourself into this spot by playing at a level where you are uncomfortable with doing a certain play because you are worried about the $.