Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 03:24 AM

Default Re: 2/4 K9s multiway

allday, this is a very thoughtful post; I'll respond further tomorrow when I'm not wasted.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
allday, this is a very thoughtful post; I'll respond further tomorrow when I'm not wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post so far. Or maybe I'm just wasted too.

I think a raise, call, or fold is very read determined here. It depends on how you feel the 2 limpers play and how the 4 players behind you will respond to your raise.

If you think the 4 players behind you will fold to a raise, then I think a raise is correct. K high could easily be the best hand against the 2 limpers and you have position.

If you think the CO and button will just CC then I probably just limp or fold depending on their playing styles.

The bottom line is that this is one of those marginal and read dependent hands. Under different circumstances, arguments can be made for folding, calling, and raising.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer to see a turn before raising for protection because there are a lot of cards that could hurt you, and by raising the flop you are still lay opponents good odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this with 3 players left to act that haven't put in $$$ on the flop. A raise will possibly get them to fold hands like 56, QJ, QT, KJ, KQ, bottom pair, etc while they would likely call with these hands for one bet on the flop.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF I prefer to fold unless table conditions are right. K9 is not so good against two EP limpers and no position.

I'd prefer to see a turn before raising for protection because there are a lot of cards that could hurt you, and by raising the flop you are still lay opponents good odds.

River, is standard; you have the odds to call

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree on calling the flop. A lot of OC hands will fold on this draw heavy board. And I don't mind folding the turn to a scare card.

I agree that the river is a call even though I don't see a lot of c/r bluffs on the river. Preflop is what really made me post this one. Do you call if you are in late position?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 AM

put me in the raise PF camp. especially if we think it will a)buy the button, b)get a hand like A9 or KJ to fold, and c)get us a free card on the flop if we don't hit. some good things can come from raising PF. also like in this spot, people will often donk into you b/c they put you on UI overs. this adds the benefit of being able to raise and charge/clear the field.

flop play is good. i would bet the turn, too.

the river is the most important part of this hand! of course you call HU closing getting 13-1. you'll see a worse nine or bluffraise plenty frequently. you don't have a read if you stats are as small a sample as i thought i saw(28 hands?). hell yes you call; not calling here without a significant reason to the contrary(which you do NOT have)is giving money away. true, you will lose a good portion of the time, but you will win more than often enough to be profitable.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Great post, James!
Nothing left to say.

bc
Old 09-24-2006, 11:14 AM

I would like KJ and KQ to call.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot has 10BB in it after we raise the flop, and collectively, there are probably a boatload of outs that can beat us, we don't mind these 3 out hands folding the flop in this multiway pot.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not if you raised pf (the pot is already big enought to take) and im sure if you had k9 youd love for any stronger k to fold pf.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 AM

Preflop looks good.

Flop I would call not raise as the only people folding are those without good draws. These are the people you want in to pad the pot. I would have waited to raise on the turn if a blank came.

[ QUOTE ]
I know, the pot is big, but how often does a seemingly passive villain c/raise the river with something I beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often, but 13:1 is pretty good odds. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Peace,
Mygtar