Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 10:06 PM

Default Re: I stopped playing there years ago

Well in 18 consecutive tournaments i ended up in top 20% of entrants and out of the money. In 15 of those 18 tournaments, I had the better hand all in prelop; JJ verus 77, ak versus aj, etc. Other abnormally bad beats at Pokerstars convinced me to play elsewhere. No regrets. Just don't play at stars.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Re: My letter to Pokerstars

[ QUOTE ]
I have been a player on Pokerstars since you opened. I love your tournaments and have won WSOP seats and PCA seats on your site. I have also become friends with Dan Goldman and Rich Korbin over the past few years. I am a professional player for 10 years with two WSOP final table and numerous other results.

I hate to even write this letter because it sounds like sour grapes and paranoia, but I have concerns that your cards are not random. I have heard this from many fellow players ( the nickname some players use is riverstars). So I know I am not the only one. It seems to me that if two players are all-in on the flop in one of your tournaments, the turn card almost always gives the hand that is behind more outs. I also feel that the river card helps the hand that is behind way more often than the statistical probability.

I have no proof of this of course, since it would take a huge number of hands to verify my theory. I am sure that your response to my letter will cite your integrity page on your website, which I have read.

I am considering if I want to continue investing lage buy-ins to your tournaments with the concerns I have. It has become difficult for me to play when I am not sure the deal is fair. I hope you will forward this letter to management for a personal response

[/ QUOTE ]

someone finally said it. bravo.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These posts should be moved over to the SMP forum. They're like the "god does/doesn't exist", debates. Neither side will ever be proved. What I don't understand is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it can easily be proved. Or at least we can say that if it is rigged, it is rigged less than X, where X is very small.

Just look at your database of hands and look at the fraction of times somebody won when in on the turn with a given equity, etc. I'm sure tons of folks have done this and I have yet to hear of anyone finding anything other than what you would expect by chance.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:52 PM

PokerStars flops and turns are "funny", there is no question. More action equals more rake IMO.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 PM

<font color="blue">Just look at your database of hands and look at the fraction of times somebody won when in on the turn with a given equity, etc. I'm sure tons of folks have done this and I have yet to hear of anyone finding anything other than what you would expect by chance.
</font>

This won't work for the simple reason you can never know what hands their folding on the river.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:46 PM

Plz post their response so I can read the funny.

Mucho Thankso,
El Edo
Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: I stopped playing there years ago

I'd like to see them implement a "your statistics" page, showing all the little things we'd like to see. I don't trust Pokerstars either, but I do realize its far fetched to think theyre scamming me.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 AM

LOL @ U

MORAN!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Re: My letter to Pokerstars *DELETED*

Post deleted by BigBiceps
Old 09-22-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been a player on Pokerstars since you opened. I love your tournaments and have won WSOP seats and PCA seats on your site. I have also become friends with Dan Goldman and Rich Korbin over the past few years. I am a professional player for 10 years with two WSOP final table and numerous other results.

I hate to even write this letter because it sounds like sour grapes and paranoia, but I have concerns that your cards are not random. I have heard this from many fellow players ( the nickname some players use is riverstars). So I know I am not the only one. It seems to me that if two players are all-in on the flop in one of your tournaments, the turn card almost always gives the hand that is behind more outs. I also feel that the river card helps the hand that is behind way more often than the statistical probability.

I have no proof of this of course, since it would take a huge number of hands to verify my theory. I am sure that your response to my letter will cite your integrity page on your website, which I have read.

I am considering if I want to continue investing lage buy-ins to your tournaments with the concerns I have. It has become difficult for me to play when I am not sure the deal is fair. I hope you will forward this letter to management for a personal response

[/ QUOTE ]

It is obviously rigged, and no I am not being sarcastic.

It is not just PokerStars though, it is also Party, Paradise, Full Tilt, UB, and ABS. PokerRoom must have originated from different software (I think the other ones all stemmed from the original programming at Paradise), because it does not seem faulty there.

Just work the algorithm to your favor and keep the pot small when you are a 19-1 favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?