Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Portugal (maybe vs. Denmark)

I'm danish, trust me, go to portugal !
Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 PM

summer weather is obv the nicest in denmark, early october would be quite a rainy period, not to mention windy
Old 09-28-2006, 03:20 PM

i'm not danish, trust me, go to denmark!
i lived there for 3 years and loved it.

be sure to go to club Emma near Kongens Nytorv. (ask where kongens nytorv is, go there, and ask any 20~30 year old where Emma is, and they'll tell u)
Old 10-06-2006, 03:33 AM

I was in Denmark for 2 weeks last fall and had a blast. The people are very nice. The cities have a lot of character to them, it's just kinda fun to walk through them (although this is true for most of europe).

I had family in Vejle and stayed there for a week. There really isn't much in Vejle, but it's nice because it's fairly central and allowed me to use my Eurail pass and go all over.

Copenhagen was fun, probably best for night clubs, but my favourite city was Odense. Hans Christian Andersen's Childhood House/Museum really blew me away. I wasn't all that anxious to see it, but it was awesome. I easily spent a few hours in there. He lived a very interesting life, had unique ideas about religion/life/etc, and it's a very well laid out museum. Odense also has a cool shopping district.

Arhus was worth going to aswell. They have this thing the Old Town which is a mini-city-museum with antique buildings. They deconstructed all these old buildings from around Denmark and rebuilt them in Arhus. It's pretty neat and worth checking out.

In southern denmark there's a concentration camp from WWII called "Frøslev Prison Camp" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fr%C3%B8slev_Prison_Camp). It's a school now which is kinda wierd. That was also worth seeing.

Ya...I'd highly recommend going to Denmark. It's so small that you can get anywhere by train in a couple hours and there's lots to do (easily 10 days worth of stuff).

Oh, and most importantly if you go, you must try Carlsberg Elephant. Big Can, very good, strong beer (7.5%).

Cheers