Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Quitting Everything

Ooh. Great Turkish coffee that eats spoons.

Oh. Sorry.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:46 PM

Here's a weird one, I gave up chapstick end of my senior year of college ~3 years ago.

I was addicted to the point where my lips got dry and cracked without it, and it sucked pretty hard. I just went cold turkey during exams, and drank a crapload of water and took a crapload of hot showers (man that steam really softens up your lips) during that week. one day I woke up, and my lips were fine, overnight. it rocked. I now use chapstick occasionally (snowboarding, ultimate frisbee) and I'm fine.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:49 PM

Exercise a lot. Beyond the natural high that will make you feel better, exercising promotes healthier brain activity -- you will have more control over your choices and desires.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:55 PM

Cigarettes are way, way worse for you than the others. Quit smoking tobacco first.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:01 PM

You're right, although weed promotes a general apathy and weakness of will. Once you quit weed, you will be in a better mental frame to stop smoking cigarettes and caffeine.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM

I used to be massively addicted to asprin. It started when I got my braces in middle school, my teeth would ache like crazy, so I would load up on the asprin. It started with 2 every night, and then I started taking it during hte day, and was eventually up to 4/hour just to not be in pain. I would go on asprin binges where I would do about a bottle every 2 days for about 3 weeks straight, and when I stopped, I would have a massive 4 day headache.

I now occasionally use asprin for severe headaches only.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just curious. can you tell us why you are quitting each of the three. I guess its usually kind of obvious but sometimes people have very specific reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i'm quitting for the obvious reasons. I'd like to be healthier (or healthy in general) and gain back some energy and motivation. I used to run frequently before I started smoking cigs, and I'd like to start doing that again. Plus most chicks don't like guys who smoke, so that's a plus when I quit cigs.

I'm choosing weed first because I think it will be the easiest (not saying it will be easy). Plus when i quit smoking herb, i'll probably be more motivated to quit the others. I love love love coffee, and I'm not looking forward to quitting that, but I know I drink way too much and I should stop.

Now that I think about it I will quit coffee second, so that I can still enjoy the greatest combo ever: coffee and cigarettes....mmmmm...delicious.

Thanks for the support everyone
Old 09-20-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cigarettes are way, way worse for you than the others. Quit smoking tobacco first.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really....

"Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco."
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html
Old 09-20-2006, 02:18 PM

don't turn this into a flamewar concerning the health effects of weed versus cigarettes. let's just all agree that they're both bad
Old 09-20-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't turn this into a flamewar between the health effects of weed versus cigarettes. let's just all agree that they're both bad

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded