Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Re: weak full house 5/10

I like it. Turn is really close, I guess sometimes I call ther and sometimes I fold. I wont call the river though.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 AM

I think you're missing an important thing here- if you've been 3betting pre a lot, and you didn't this time, it's much more likely that you don't have a monster here, right? So he pretty much knows that you have some middling type hand like 66 or 77 or 44 or something. The question is now if he thinks you can't fold it and is going for a big call from you, or if he knows that you can't/won't call with it and pushes all in with AK or QJ or whatever. Honestly, I think that I'd call the river here sometimes and not feel that bad if he showed me a higher pocket pair, especially given your history.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well because we started 155bb's deep, i thought this was a tough spot on the turn. i think i get what you're saying bobbo but i don't like a push at all for the reasons soah and meg said. i would assume this guy folds pp's 88 and down. he won't fold aa/kk/qq, maybe jj but i wouldn't be real confident of that. a fold has some merit as this is the first time he's fired into the turn on me, but at the same time he might be using the "credit" he's established to do exactly that - fire a second barrel. i wasn't sure what to do so i called. here's the action:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($0)
MP ($1557.59)
Hero ($1607)
Button ($1720.44)
SB ($871.80)
BB ($1053)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $38</font>, Hero calls $38, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $33, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($124) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $100</font>, Hero calls $100, SB folds.

Turn: ($324) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $240</font>, Hero calls $240.

River: ($804) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP calls $1179.59 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1983.59

[/ QUOTE ]

Kratzer -

this is what I mean, he's firing all in on the river this spot... and I like the river fold. I really do. He needs to be bluffing (or somehow value pushing a weaker hand) 37% of the time to make this a call, and flatout, I doubt villain like this will be 3 barrelling to that extreme. It's probably more like 20% TOPS.

The big problem though is once again the turn call, if your plan is folding the river - they are counter productive.

one other thing, if he checks the river, you're checking behind... with a simple 2nd barrell he's kinda made himself the role of the button, not you, as in you have the reverse implied odds etc etc.

maybe the way you played it is 'correct,' I really dont know, I just offered a turn push as a strong alternative. BTW, the calling range of the turn push really does depend on your own image and who you're playing... some will fold QQ, etc there, others will call with 77 etc.