Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Re: bears vs vikings

The only thing I see giving the Bears an advantage is the Bears DESTROYED two bad teams. Minn barely squeaked by two teams that were hyped to be good..but in fact are average at best.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:52 PM

In my view this game's a virtual coinflip so I like the Vikings getting points at home. While I am a fan of Grossman and his ability, he's really gone from largely an unknown to showing he can produce vs. a horrible team on the road and a below average team at home. A slightly above average team on the road with a pretty good defense in a noisy stadium is a big step to take for a young QB. It sounds so pointless and cliche, but this game especially is just whoever turns the ball over less wins.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Just saying that you'd like to see the bears win against a good team is so meh... Hell, why not just wait till after the superbowl to predict a superbowl winner.

That being said:

The bears played and beat some good teams last year w/o any passing game, now that they do have a passing game, there is good reason to think they are a much better team than they were last year.

As far as this game goes, even though road games suck. The bears seem to do well on indoors. I think this defense is a turf defense, much the same way Warner/Faulk rams were a turf offense.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this defense is a turf defense, much the same way Warner/Faulk rams were a turf offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not flaming, but this sounds very much like something John Madden would say.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 AM

well...it's a turf defense because turf emphasizes speed and that is where the Bears, specifically Urlacher, excels.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:17 AM

umm Ditka 85, Vikings 2
Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 AM

My only concern is the two really really bad teams the Bears have played this year have both been able to have a successful running game against them. If the Bears were not 25+ points ahead, those teams would have been able to grind down the D with the running game and get some points...they couldn't because of the lead the Bears jumped out to early in the games.

That said, the Vikes and Bears always play really tough against each other, as Divisional rivals should. I do believe the Bears are a better team, and if they can get to B Johnson, it will be a very very long day for the Vikes.

I won't bet on the Bears, as they are my team, but I do expect them to run the table this year in the North.

Final score:

Bears 24 Vikings 14
Old 09-20-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well...it's a turf defense because turf emphasizes speed and that is where the Bears, specifically Urlacher, excels.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I almost bet on the Bears big here, but remembered how the dome can be a house of horrors. I think that's the only thing preventing a double-digit win for Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Who are you? And where is MyTurn2Raise? There is a hacker among us! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM

lol...I can be as objective as the next guy, especially if I think about betting the game. That doesn't mean however that I don't feel a Bears/Ravens superbowl might just signal the death of the NFL as sport. (Actually, I think the Cowboys titles in the 90s did that already, but that is a whole other crazy stance I have.)
Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Who are you? And where is MyTurn2Raise? There is a hacker among us! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bears comeuppance happens October 16th beyatches