Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Taking crazy pills?

he's not betting the river here and GOING to fold unless he has air here imo. this is soooooo spewy, you been readin my hh's way too much DJ.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You might've got him to fold, but that's just dumb luck. This isn't going to work enough times to justify it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea in retrospect that sounds about right.

Alright, i'm crazy.

But for the sake of improving here, how deep do yall think we have to be for this to be a +EV line? (does such a stacksize range even exist?)

How deep do we have to be for open-shoving river to be +EV? (If it ever is?)
Old 09-16-2006, 09:11 PM

i think its a bad bluff if i cant tell immediately if it was a bluff or value bet
Old 09-16-2006, 09:26 PM

if he folded you had the best hand all the way. If you're going to bluff open push or pot the river.

I might have c/f the turn w/o a read he likes to float but maybe that's too weak.

I actually think a case could be made for calling the river(probably not a very good one though).

What does he think you have? you could have backdoored a flush, you could have an overpair or AT, but these hands looks unlikely from villains perspective. you could also have 77, 88, A7 etc or you could have a weak T.

What is he representing? a full house, flopped straight, maybe an overpair.

What does he have?
imo you can discount a T pretty much bc what can you call a vbet with? JJ+ would likely have 3bet pre and with TT he has to atleast conisder the possibility you backdoor flushed him or was taking a passive line with an overpair so might take it a bit easy on the vbets, he might have expected a bet from a flush/fh though and think you will pay him off with AT etc. a set is ofc possible and theres also some chance he made a flush, flopped a straight or rivered trip 6's.

It's also possible he floated the flop and is running a desperation bluff on the river. the river bet is kinda smallish but makes some sense if he is trying to fold out your weak hands with a minimum investment and for villain your hand probably looks pretty weak.

You need to have the best hand 30% of the time to make the call +ev. So should you call? I dunno. How often does he float you on the flop? how often does he bet when checked to on the turn? how often does he give up a bluff on the river? hard to know without a read obv. against an unknow I would give him credit.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:27 PM

...why...?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But for the sake of improving here, how deep do yall think we have to be for this to be a +EV line? (does such a stacksize range even exist?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Infinite. Why? because your turn play make no sense at all, if you had a set and checked, it would be with the intention to c/r( NOT c/c), and if you had a straight, same goes for that. Given that, there is zero credibility for your allin here and you are representing meh.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:40 PM

"No reads, villain is new to me"

This makes it 999x worse =/
Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 PM

Where do I get these pills