Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Noises that annoy you

[ QUOTE ]
People who whine about babies crying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Especially given OP's examples. I just got back from a cross-country trip, and the flight back had several kids, only one of whom felt compelled to cry consistently (yeah, I know, their ears, blah, blah). Why shouldn't I feel that since I chose not to have a kid, I shouldn't be subject to yours screaming his head off for the majority of a four-hour flight? I would think that you would agree that I'm being imposed upon in that situation.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM

rap ringtones

The sound people make when they eat with their mouth open.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Especially given OP's examples. I just got back from a cross-country trip, and the flight back had several kids, only one of whom felt compelled to cry consistently (yeah, I know, their ears, blah, blah). Why shouldn't I feel that since I chose not to have a kid, I shouldn't be subject to yours screaming his head off for the majority of a four-hour flight? I would think that you would agree that I'm being imposed upon in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That crazy biology! It's what babies do. They cry. Do you suggest that those people with babies drive cross-country instead so as not to offend the eardrums of non-parents?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 PM

That crappy alarm clock sound. The one that gets used in commercials and movies a lot, it's the same one I use. I don't know why because I'm a light sleeper and pretty much any alarm would probably wake me up. Drives me nuts.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 PM

creaky hinges... there's one outside my window that drives me nuts

people who talk to themselves in an office/work environment
Old 09-15-2006, 04:32 PM

my biggest pet peave is when someone who you are talking to on the phone is eating and drinking. Just that sound through the phone you know of chewing, swallowing, oh my god! my friends all know it too, and i tell them to call me back when they are done eating.

fwiw, i have no probs of talking to someone on the phone while their are pooping, just eating, go figure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Vibration in the car. In particular, I have one of those old garage door remotes. If it gets in a perfect position on the console, it hums incessantly. Similarly, if I have an empty soda can in the cupholder, the same thing happens. Drives me nuts.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That crazy biology! It's what babies do. They cry. Do you suggest that those people with babies drive cross-country instead so as not to offend the eardrums of non-parents?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. See the bolded section above. I don't know, and frankly doubt that there's a solution. However, 'offend the eardrums' severely minimizes something that I imagine you're used to. If the person in question was older, wouldn't 'STFU, now' be the standard response?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:37 PM

rap music
Old 09-15-2006, 04:37 PM

54 - Fair enough. But even when I didn't have kids this is one of those things I realized just happens and you deal with it. It's not like anyone is intentionally making noise just to piss you off. I'm not sure what you mean by saying "if the person in question was older". Obviously there is a huge difference between someone who can't control their natural impulses and a 40 year old sobbing hysterically while watching The Notebook.