Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Hand I hated.

[ QUOTE ]
This hand was played well IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It is hard to understand OP's complaint without reads. The turn check and the river bet are both legit plays unless reads say otherwise.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:43 PM

This hand is fine. The paired board + scare card hitting increases the chance you will be bluff c-r'ed on the turn.

River you've narrowed him down to Ax and can squeeze out value.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:16 PM

How often is a C/R on the turn a bluff here? Add to that, even the nakedest of bluffs have 10 outs, just a gutshot is 13, a gutshot with a spade is even money, and an openender with a spade is a 57:43 favorite.

Obviously we don't want to be C/R'd here, but I think we can pretty safely give up if we are. On the other hand, I think there are a fair amount of Ace-high type hands that will peel the flop getting > 8:1, but give up on the turn, especially if they don't have a spade. There's also probably a non-zero chance that non-spade 22-55 give up as well; this isn't a big factor, but it helps a little.

If we are checking behind planning to call most river bets, I think we're losing a lot more on that river bet than we are on the first bet that goes into the pot on the turn (assuming it is called or raised). After hero caps PF, a turn check looks so much more like a bluff-induce than a give-up. The vast majority of the time, you're just inducing a good value bet against you.

I guess it's possible that I'm completely out of touch with likely ranges and actions here, but I'm just not so thrilled about our 2-high flush draw that I'm willing to give up the chance of folding him on the turn (and playing the river with initiative and position), when it is impossible for him to do so correctly.