Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Re: If we go AC who gets the governments stuff?

DIBS!

Anyone trying to claim the government's stuff from now on is infringing on my property rights... you heard it here... ALL MINE

NT
Old 09-13-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the capitalist theory would demand it being sold to whoever would pay the most..... so if Osama forks up the right cash (lets assume he does a little "fundraising") you really have no qualms of letting him buy a couple nukes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Quit assuming the government will just vanish. Why don't you think people would dismantle things like nucleur weapons? What has more demand, getting rid of nucleur weapons or buying them for use?
[ QUOTE ]
What if the US went AC and a group of other governments/rich families/etc. forked up the cash to buy the US military equipment, sent over an army and then just imposed their government on the newly AC area and pillaged our resources with our own military?

[/ QUOTE ] Same as above
[ QUOTE ]
What if a huge group of devoted Anti-ACists buy up the roads and allow no one to travel on them just to make the AC society fail?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, what would happen if a bunch of anti-resturant people bought all the resturants and allowed no one to eat at any of those resturants?
[ QUOTE ]
I know these are pretty crazy what ifs

[/ QUOTE ]
No, they are very crazy, like a lot your posts.
[ QUOTE ]
but dont you think having the infrastructure of a world power auctioned off could be dangerous?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you just think open minded about these scenarios.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if Osama forks up the right cash (lets assume he does a little "fundraising") you really have no qualms of letting him buy a couple nukes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Where has anyone implied that they'd have no qualms with letting Osama have nukes? I would think that on the path to decontructing the state, destroying our NBC weapons would be a part of that dismantling.

[ QUOTE ]
What if the US went AC and a group of other governments/rich families/etc. forked up the cash to buy the US military equipment, sent over an army and then just imposed their government on the newly AC area and pillaged our resources with our own military?

[/ QUOTE ]
What if every nuclear country launches their nukes at everyone!!! This goes along with the first point. If the state is dismantling, I think that the military would have shrunk to a very small size. Thus there wouldn't be much stuff left for Bill Gates to buy up for his dastardly plans to rule the world.

Speaking of selling weapons to others so they can oppress people, what do you think the U.S has been doing for much of the last century? Hell, one of the biggest gripes of those in the Middle East is our military support for Israel.

[ QUOTE ]
What if a huge group of devoted Anti-ACists buy up the roads and allow no one to travel on them just to make the AC society fail?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Are they going to buy up all land not owned by ACists? More roads can be built if such a group tried to implament such a scurrilous plot.
2. Why is there such a large group of anti-ACists if the state is dissolving into AC?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 AM

Auctioned off for gold so they can honour their greenbacks? Otherwise a lot of people are going to be very angry.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:53 AM

Off topic, but related to this AC fantasy land.....do police exist in AC-land?

If I get up one morning, walk across the street and kill my neighbor, would their be no laws to deter me from doing such?

and would their be no police element to detain me afterwards for punishment/rehabilitation?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:56 AM

Imagine that you and a friend of yours rent a two bedroom apartment. Both of you agree to put up half the rent each month.

One bedroom is big, the other bedroom is small. Both of you would prefer the big room. Being dolts, you realize after signing the contract that you haven't decided who gets which room.

How do you figure out who gets the room, while both trying to maximize personal gain?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If I get up one morning, walk across the street and kill my neighbor, would their be no laws to deter me from doing such?

and would their be no police element to detain me afterwards for punishment/rehabilitation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answer awaits you here
Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear everyone:

Please stop asking this question.

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap I'd never thought of that!! He's stumped us lads lets forget the whole thing it's clearly not been thought out properly.

P.S. I've been where you are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]