Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Best 5/10 players at party

Well, I only played with him for about 3 weeks when I stepped down to 5-10 for a bit. But during that time, I thought he was overwhelmingly the best player.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:48 PM

le77 plays like 18 hours a day, so he prob wins the most money.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:49 PM

maybe ive only played with GBM when he was on tilt but it seemed like he was giving away money. also, i havent seen him on in a while.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:50 PM

le77er, icheckdark, shadydealings, and l_halsted (or something like that) are all friendly. that makes them the best.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:51 PM

i dont think l_halsted is good at all
Old 09-12-2006, 03:55 PM

I guess I don't understand what you mean by no one else is close. It would seem impossible for one player to be that much better than the second best player in winrate. I'm kinda new to NL, so I guess I'm wondering what types of things does he do better than another very good 5-10 player? Or is it that if he played higher he would have much better success than the other good players?

Another thing, if you moved down to 5-10, how much better a winrate would you have then a typical very good 5-10 player?

It just doesn't make sense to me that one player would be that much better than the second best player? Do you mean that GBM is "obviously better" in that he doesn't make mistakes the other good players make even if the situation is kinda rare and doesn't translate to winrate?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't understand what you mean by no one else is close. It would seem impossible for one player to be that much better than the second best player in winrate. I'm kinda new to NL, so I guess I'm wondering what types of things does he do better than another very good 5-10 player? Or is it that if he played higher he would have much better success than the other good players?

Another thing, if you moved down to 5-10, how much better a winrate would you have then a typical very good 5-10 player?

It just doesn't make sense to me that one player would be that much better than the second best player? Do you mean that GBM is "obviously better" in that he doesn't make mistakes the other good players make even if the situation is kinda rare and doesn't translate to winrate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive samo does not have PT so he cannot say what someones win rate is definitively. Because of this I would assume that he is judging purely from his experience with all the players which explains why he could think 1 is much better than all the others.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:04 PM

I haven't played a lot on Party, but icheckdark seems to be very solid.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:08 PM

When I really think about it, from what I have seen of the "regulars" at 5/10, I have not been very impressed by anyone. The only people that have actually made me go "wow very nice play" are a few that normally play higher but for some reason were playing 5/10 while I was, or someone who I have only played against something like one time (though they obviously were multitabling), so I don't know if they were regulars or not.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:08 PM

I think we are arguing semantics here. Goodbetmate is much better than any other 5-10 player the same way that Bld is much better than a decent solid winning regular at 10-20. ... In my opinion of course - which is based on a limited sample.