Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: neverwin\'s account hacked, 27k stolen

This happened to me on party about a month ago. Someone transferred a few thousand to this one screeenname then proceeded to purchase gift certificates once the transfer maximum limit was exceeded. I notified Party and all they told me after two days of investigation was that the other party was unaware that this was a fraudulent transaction and that he thought we were making a deal. Apparently, the person who broke into my account had a chat with this other guy in a chatbox on a table (they have records of this conversation taking place too) and they agreed to swap party money for money on another poker site.

I know now that the reason this happened was that I downloaded a "poker program" from someone through aim. I didn't know the person really well, but we had talked almost every day on im for a few weeks. I was very suspicious about how they obtained my screenname to begin with, but I completely forgot about it after we talked on im for a while.

I cringe when I see the amount of money people keep online (I saw someone with $365K on their account). I was really stupid to download a program from someone I didn't know well.

On a sidenote, this person also made a 2.5K deposit to firepay that bounced. Firepay is now demanding the money from me, and is threatening to use a 3rd party collection agency and report it to a credit bureau. What do I do?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 PM

I've got the same exact problem, and I just ignore them. They keep calling back, but I keep puting them off. [censored] that, I'm not letting them take my money when all I did was get scammed in the first place.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:09 PM

something similar happened to me at UB. I went away for 3 weeks, i left around 15k in my ub account. when i got back, someone had gotten access to my account, and changed the email on it. they had also, xfered out 5k to 3 different players, one being sweetpickle(if i recall thats matusow). what the guy did was then trade for money on stars, or so says the 3 recipients of the 5k xfers.

i sent UB a ton of threatening emails, which also included my promotion of them via raketracker. they kept saying hold on we are looking into this. i finally gave them a deadline to pay me the money, and they did, they sent 15k to my account.................
Old 09-14-2006, 07:10 PM

matusow is dillpickle yah?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:43 PM

oh yah, dillpickle, sweetpickle was the childrens books............ahhhh memories

this happened august 05...........
Old 09-15-2006, 09:04 AM

I had a similar thing happen. My Neteller account was hacked via a ghostkeylogger virus....... Trans $$$ to Party Poker then played and cashed out...... Party would do NOTHING but give me grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Morons
Old 09-15-2006, 03:48 PM

wow i am impressed that UB refunded your money, because how could you prove it wasnt you that just changed emails and transfered the cash
Old 09-15-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i am impressed that UB refunded your money, because how could you prove it wasnt you that just changed emails and transfered the cash

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. UB gave him the cash because he can cost them alot of money by not promoting them.

Tuco.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:41 AM

was probably dan druff