Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 1 in Review - Thoughts

Abandon hope on Denver. I see a bad starting QB that played worse than the Steelers game last year. The solution is to turn the team over to Cutler. He is the answer. They also need major rebuilding of their lines and their schedule is not easy.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas - I really expected them to win this one. This is another game I didn't pay much attention to.

Jacksonville - I don't understand how this team wins games. They just keep doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was able to watch the first quarter of this game. Dallas came out with guns blazing, throwing a couple of balls to T.O. right away. They got two quick scores, looked awesome on defense, and Leftwich and the Jags offense got booed off the field. It really looked like this game was going to be 31-10ish.

I missed the rest of the game and I was absolutely stunned when I saw the final score. They got a late TD to make it not look as bad as it actually was. I don't know what happened b/c I didn't see it, but Bill Parcells-led teams aren't supposed to melt down like that. If anybody who watched the entire game would like to fill us in, I'd be interested in hearing what went down.

[/ QUOTE ]Jacksonville is one of the more underrated teams in the league. They are mentally tough and well coached and they showed it in this game. They easily could've folded. They were 12-4 last year for a reason.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, Dallas got two calls overturned through replay that I couldn't believe, not only did it not appear that there was even remotely close to conclusive evidence to overturn, both actually looked like conclusive evidence that the calls were correct.

[/ QUOTE ]agreed totally on that INT by Bledsoe that they overturned....couldn't believe that. I don't remember the other one that you are talking about, but I might have missed it flipping through other games.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Abandon hope on Denver. I see a bad starting QB that played worse than the Steelers game last year. The solution is to turn the team over to Cutler. He is the answer. They also need major rebuilding of their lines and their schedule is not easy.

[/ QUOTE ]this is way way premature imo. As was said, remember how bad they looked in week 1 last year.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:41 PM

the other one was a catch by Matt Jones. at the end of the play, IIRC, he kind of dropped the ball on the ground before covering it up, but it was clearly a catch. Parcells challenged it and they overturned it and everyone was mystified. I can only think I must have missed something. But after they overturned the one at the end of the game, I'm thinking I probably didn't.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:47 PM

Speaking as a Broncos fan, I remember well how bad they looked in that Miami game, and thinking what a long season it was gonna be. Then that game turned out to be a complete abberation.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One of those games where a team looks unstoppable on their first drive, and then incompetent on every subsequent possession. What's up with that? Is it a well-scripted first drive, overconfidence thereafter, one team coming out flat, defensive adjustments, small sample size, what? Seriously, I've never figured this out. Why does this happen so often?

[/ QUOTE ]Funny but same thing seems to be happening tonight. Minnesota easily scored a TDon their first drive, should've scored on their second drive if Williamson would've held onto a ball, yet theres 2 minutes left in the first half and they only have 6 points.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 PM

First half/Second half points week 1

Bit of a plug for one of my posts earlier, but that's the first half vs second half for each team so far this week.

My theory is that the offenses don't have a huge/versatile playbook yet. I noticed that tonight that lateral pass worked about twice for the Skins and is now getting flattened each time they try it.

Lori
Old 09-12-2006, 12:06 PM

I generally agree, however, Plummer's performance in the AFC championship game last year; the drafting of Cutler as number one; Cutlers subsequent play in the pre-season; and Plummer's reputation for choking (at least that's my perception of his reputation) has created a bad situation for Plummer in Denver IMO. Oh yeah I'll throw in playing fairly recently after the legend of you know who as well.