Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Re: I\'m Not Even Supposed to Be Here...

wow....ok, a couple of things. Was he always overbetting the pot by so much?

hand 1 - he's agressive, LEAD the flop so that he can RAISE you, and you can threebet. Instead you did the worst thing possible, gave a free card when you have a hand that you don't think you can get away from. Also, the fact that an ace fell on the turn is really bad, because it's very likely he has something like A8, A2, which you are now behind. There's no way i'm pushing with middle 2 on that board on the river. Calling this guy's raise is probably ok, but I think it's a marginal call at best and probably very close to neutral EV.

as for hand 2. Raise preflop, then lead the flop. Why are we checkraising the turn in hand 2. IT IS A $1 POT ON THE TURN. I think if you really think he'll pay off a river push if the flush hits, calling the $10 bet is marginal at best, but probably ok again, your 8's MIGHT be good. Leading the flop is better....take the lead in the hand...this zany checkraising against an overaggro opponent with marginal hands when he's overbetting the pot seems risky to me.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow....ok, a couple of things. Was he always overbetting the pot by so much?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - standard was 2 - 5X on small pots. AI overbets were common.

[ QUOTE ]

hand 1 - he's agressive, LEAD the flop so that he can RAISE you, and you can threebet. Instead you did the worst thing possible, gave a free card when you have a hand that you don't think you can get away from. Also, the fact that an ace fell on the turn is really bad, because it's very likely he has something like A8, A2, which you are now behind. There's no way i'm pushing with middle 2 on that board on the river. Calling this guy's raise is probably ok, but I think it's a marginal call at best and probably very close to neutral EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - your posts are always very helpful. Yeah, I botched another one and ended up at an awful river decision. Call seems in order.

[ QUOTE ]

as for hand 2. Raise preflop, then lead the flop. Why are we checkraising the turn in hand 2. IT IS A $1 POT ON THE TURN. I think if you really think he'll pay off a river push if the flush hits, calling the $10 bet is marginal at best, but probably ok again, your 8's MIGHT be good. Leading the flop is better....take the lead in the hand...this zany checkraising against an overaggro opponent with marginal hands when he's overbetting the pot seems risky to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I'm looking to get close to 200bb in vs an aggro LAG with a marginal hand. Hey, love that nut draw. This was likely too strange a line to get any good advice here.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 PM

it's important to note that in hand 2, getting all in on the flop was ok....the turn action though is quite ugly as now you only have 1 card to come and it's fairly likely you are behind.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:45 PM

Yes, If I'd Have gotten in in on the flop it would have been more standard.

I just got through check my big hand losses (>150 net bb loss or 300bb pots).
I'm not calling off my chips in these pots but losing on semi-bluffs that don't get there or
overvaluing 2pair. (prob like hand 1) or
not seeing the implied odds calls (ATC) that hit the flop hard (made or draw)

Is not calling here at least sometimes a leak. I'm worried I'm folding these getting blown off winning hands. Again, my image here is weak/tight. He might just be trying this with air or draw. I dunno.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:51 PM

lol the turn in hand2 ,made me rofl. all the money goes in in a 1$ pot wtf lol ?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:57 PM

Its not all in...would you call? Lots of monies at stake.