Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: How u like?

[ QUOTE ]
This is usually an FD on fourth, so instead of popping it there (where you're a dog anyway) I want to raise fifth for HU.

I don't think I bet seventh once he calls sixth, either. He pretty much thinks he knows what you have (and you accidentally backdoored him into being right) so either he folds or you're getting checkraised by a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with andathar on both points. Plus, you'll likely get to take a free card on 6th if you brick.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make sense to me, retards usualy call with anything and I'm VERY shocked that he folded sixth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Retards make both bad calls and bad folds. They have some inkling that poker involves value and risk (though they mis-estimate both), so making a retard over-estimate risk can be as profitable as making a him over-estimate value. Retards fold marginal hands in big pots on the river, for example.

This is such an obvious place to get squeezed that a retard will try to avoid the perceived risk, which you have magnified with a raise. The raise means (to him) "I am beating two-pair," and shucks, that's my hand. That other fellow might even re-raise, since he fired first. Yikes, I fold.

It doesn't work all the time, nothing does. Raising Fifth likely wouldn't work, since the retard will imagine all kinds of wonderful cards coming on future streets. With one to come, he has less left to hope for.

This raise is obviously bad against a good player, but good against a bad player, and finding a spot to use it is what I like about OP's play.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FD on fourth, so instead of popping it there (where you're a dog anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. With a third guy in the pot you are even money(ish). It really depends on how bad a hand this guy will call with.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM

As I understand this hand, it all hangs on your read that the 8 seat has a flush draw. So you reraise 4th to try to make him pay and KO the third player. When he fourbets, you may consider a big pair down or little two pair as possible hands as well as four flush. From there, I like the hand fine -- I probably don't raise sixth, because I'm too afraid I'm losing to two pair, possibly (KK) or (AA) in the hole. However it worked out.

The river fold seems to confirm that he had a flush draw or maybe baby two pair. I like betting the river, since there's a good chance that two pair will call.