Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Honestly don\'t know what\'s wrong here!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the 1700 hands that I've played since watching those videos and adjusting my preflop play, my VPIP has climbed to 36% on the button and sunk to 16% UTG. My overall preflop raise percentage has shot up to 15% and my 1/2-pot CBs are actually being respected. Maybe it's just variance but I think that I'm starting to get back on the right track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck ... 1/2 psb's suck. I suspect they've only appear to be getting respect cuz of the small sample of hands.

Moreover, not bet more than half pot not only for FE, but for value when you hit? Grow that pot! If you bet more when you hit, you are readable, so you have to be half pot, which limits the pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed here. cbet more. between 3/4 and psb is my standard. and make sure u are betting the same when u hit and when u miss. that is crucial.

another idea is if u r running poorly tighten ur game up and play more nittish preflop. ur vpip is pretty high for some one losing money. i bet you are getting yourself into a lot of marginal spots due to your preflop play and thus having to make tough descions that are being made even tougher by running bad. tighten up a bit if things dont seem to be workin out great
Old 09-10-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Honestly don\'t know what\'s wrong here!

You are losing way too much money in SB and BB. I guess you playing many pots aggressively OOP leading to tough decisions with marginal hands. Tighten up a little bit OOP.