Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Results

no of course he shouldnt check the turn or fold at any point. he shouldn't minreraise it though that was pretty dumb
Old 09-08-2006, 02:11 AM

Hand #1: I would bet more on the turn and bet less on the river. Your bet is almost impossible to be looked up by a worse hand here (I guess you're really banking on a 9 here). Take some time to gauge his interest after the river card appears. I would normally bet $700 to $800, less if you feel he is weak and you can price him in to a call.

Hand #2:
[ QUOTE ]
How badly did he play it, I guess he put me on a worse ace? Should he check flop or turn for pot control with AK there? His reraise on the turn seems really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically I liked his play much better than yours here. What is he supposed to do with trip As with the nut kicker? I doubt you or many others could let that go in this spot here. At least he's trying to get more money in the pot with what he feels is the best hand.

You are not properly building a pot with your set. Imagine if an A doesn't fall on the turn. I can only imagine you were planning to slowplay the turn too. Then he might check behind to control the pot. If he bets and you check-raise you let him off the hook. If you bet the turn and river and he happens to call down, you'll win less than if you took the initiative in the first place (his $100 isn't a big enough bet to start your pot).

If you pot the flop, turn and river, you essentially stack him. In the long run, you left money on the table, clear and simple.

Don't get cute with sets (unless against a specific opponent). Players are very suspicious of opponents who don't continuation bet after they've open-raised and it's only heads up.

Garland
Old 09-08-2006, 05:30 AM

Default Re: Took a shot at the Bellagio 10-20

bet less on river in hand 1
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #2:
He reraised me $800 more after my turn checkraise, I pushed, he called with AK, and the river blanked, ship it. How badly did he play it, I guess he put me on a worse ace? Should he check flop or turn for pot control with AK there? His reraise on the turn seems really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt put you on 66 or 22, he wants to get all the chips in the middle, and hopes you have AJ or AQ or whatever.

his reraise on the turn isnt bad, really. should he check the turn? hell no. perhaps you had an underpair on the flop and check called, you would give him action on the turn again. he wants to build a pot etc etc. hand 2 is really just a typical hand where once that turn hits, the money is destined to go in, the exceptions being some player history (like huge nit, but a huge nit doesnt raise 66 or 22 utg).

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1:
He went into the tank after my river bet. Then he had me count my remaining stack which actually started to worry me, what if he raises, I mean I have to call right? Eventually he folded, and I saw some paint flash, so probably at least a Q, maybe two kings?

[/ QUOTE ]
mebbe.

he prolly had you count to see how confident you were, i guess. who knows, people try to make live 'reads' i suppose. if he raises you die with your hand, he's asian and you have a flush 3 handed.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's asian and you have a flush 3 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

man i so hope the former works for me when i start playing live
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's asian and you have a flush 3 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

man i so hope the former works for me when i start playing live

[/ QUOTE ]

asians are the gamble