Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Re: looking for a quick Chicago/Gary update

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know. I'm there to play cards, though, and don't have a car, either. I didn't venture off the boat/outside the hotel property last time I was there, and I don't plan to this time, either.
-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not. Seeing as how there is nothing around those boats but Lake Michigan and parking spaces.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:08 PM

Does anyone know if poker rates are available at Resorts or Majestic Star place, and if so, what they are and how I go about getting them? I called last night and they connected me to the poker room, and everyone I talked to seemed mystified.

-McGee
Old 09-22-2006, 12:14 PM

Majestic star had a good poker rate of $45/night, but that was when they were still Trump. Resorts poker rate is not available during the weekend, and it's more than $45 anyway (don't remember exactly how much).
Old 09-22-2006, 12:40 PM

Thanks, iron. I noticed that the room is twice as expensive at Resorts.

On the one hand, it seems silly to spend twice as much for a room that I am not going to be spending much time in. On the other hand, I've never been to Resorts and I like trying out new rooms.

Are the games at one place noticeably better than the other?

Also, I know that Majestic Star will pick me up in Chicago and drop me off in Chicago. Is that true of Resorts?

-McGee
Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Dunno about better, both places spread different games. Resorts is much more of a mid limit room, the only game they compete over is small stakes limit. Go to Majestic Star for small stakes and high stakes NL, go to Resorts for Mid Stakes Limit. As for transportation, Resorts has an excellent bus network. Google Resorts Transportation to get schedules.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno about better, both places spread different games. Resorts is much more of a mid limit room, the only game they compete over is small stakes limit. Go to Majestic Star for small stakes and high stakes NL, go to Resorts for Mid Stakes Limit. As for transportation, Resorts has an excellent bus network. Google Resorts Transportation to get schedules.

[/ QUOTE ]

iron81, thanks for all your help in this thread. So if I want to play 10/20 or 20/40 limit hold 'em, it sounds like Resorts is the place to go?

-McGee
Old 09-22-2006, 05:54 PM

Bingo
Old 09-25-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I slightly disagree. I think Resorts is the only place to go for limit games 10/20 and higher and also the place to go for higher stakes NL. The regular 10/25 NL game is now being spread regularly on Fridays at Resorts and has pulled the older players from the Trump game over...and although not high limit, the 5/10 game is usually bigger than most NL games at Majestic Star II. Of course, I agree that Majestic Star II is the place to go for small stakes limit and NL games.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

iron81, thanks for all your help in this thread. So if I want to play 10/20 or 20/40 limit hold 'em, it sounds like Resorts is the place to go?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

i second that - without a doubt
Old 09-25-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

i second that - without a doubt

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the 20 significantly tougher than the 10?

-McGee