Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: [OT] stoxtrader = the best?

[ QUOTE ]
I just read on some dubious site that they hired a player named stoxtrader as coach (videos) and that he is the very best online player.

[/ QUOTE ]

The site you mentioned take the rake from the players and offer "instruction".In fact stoxtrader is a very good player. Of course they try to convince you that hes the best and you just have to watch the videos to play like him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 AM

lol, i have nothing against stox but id be pretty surprised if he was in the top 100.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 AM

lol..marketing at its best. i think hes good but not godlike like he is portrayed.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, i have nothing against stox but id be pretty surprised if he was in the top 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude is good. I don't think you give him enough credit.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you suggesting that his PT screenshots are fake?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read on some site that they hired a player named john kane as coach (videos) and that he is the very best online player.
I am quite sure he is, but does anybody know this guy? How good is he?

I am aware of the fact that this is not a strategy post, but they (the site) say he is the best high stakes player, so he must be known here.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-07-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It just seems like there are there are lots of other guys making as much or more as stox, especially at NL. And I could be way off but from what I remember of those screenshots he wasnt playing very many hands/month because he still was/is working.

edit-just saw his most recent post...my info was obviously dated. Id def say hes top 100, just not "The best" and obviously its impossible to definitively say that anyone really is "the best"
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 PM

the best players are the ones that are great fundamentally, and dont get rattled or tilt. i played with stox, bicyclekick, and paluka etc throughout the years and they were all very very solid and didnt tilt, i think thats the key. stox is the man btw.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and obviously its impossible to definitively say that anyone really is "the best"

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. also the "best" players (judged by 2+2 at least) seem to be whomever is running good over a recent period of time. aba is getting alot of exposure right now and I'm sure many consider him to be the "best" and this may well be true if he continues to put up $700k months. but as we have seen before the "best" can change relatively quickly in the online poker world. more impressive to me are those that have been doing this 3+ years now.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It just seems like there are there are lots of other guys making as much or more as stox, especially at NL. And I could be way off but from what I remember of those screenshots he wasnt playing very many hands/month because he still was/is working.

edit-just saw his most recent post...my info was obviously dated. Id def say hes top 100, just not "The best" and obviously its impossible to definitively say that anyone really is "the best"

[/ QUOTE ]

60k LHE freezeout Kurosh vs Zeebo GOGOGOGOGOGO