Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Taj poker room upgrades ?

So the taj is the mirage of the east?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: New Trop room ?

[ QUOTE ]
Since the regulars at Taj seem to run the game instead of the floor I'm not surprised by the reluctance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. You got that right!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:17 PM

I played at the Taj this weekend. At prime time, there were 3-4 20-40 games going, and the games were much wilder than the Borgata games. The room seemed very full, and they had 75-150 stud running as well. I ended up going to the Taj because I was really annoyed by the number of break-in dealers at the Borgata. I think you get more hands/hr from an experienced Taj dealer with a hand shuffle than you get from a break-in dealer at the Borgata. The Taj obviously lost some big-limit action, but otherwise, it is going strong.

To answer your other questions, the Taj has new chips, new carpeting, new flat panel tvs, new electronic wait lists, and table service from the snack bar.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played at the Taj this weekend. At prime time, there were 3-4 20-40 games going, and the games were much wilder than the Borgata games. The room seemed very full, and they had 75-150 stud running as well. I ended up going to the Taj because I was really annoyed by the number of break-in dealers at the Borgata. I think you get more hands/hr from an experienced Taj dealer with a hand shuffle than you get from a break-in dealer at the Borgata. The Taj obviously lost some big-limit action, but otherwise, it is going strong.

To answer your other questions, the Taj has new chips, new carpeting, new flat panel tvs, new electronic wait lists, and table service from the snack bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was probably an anomaly due to the holiday weekend, I would wager that it won't be like that in the coming month. The 75 stud game I'm told hasn't been at the Taj for more than a month now.

Whats most interesting to me is the number of 20/40 and 40/80 tables since the Borg expanded. It seems to have even affected the Taj this past weekend, its as if a huge pool of mid-limit players suddenly arrived. Can anyone theories why?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2006, 08:52 PM

No 40-80 hold'em at the Taj. My impression is that the 20-40 games never left the Taj. Pre-expansion, the Borg had 3-4 20-40 games; now they have 3-5. It isn't like every Taj player migrated to the Borgata. The players that stayed at the Taj are much bigger gamboolers.

With respect to the dealers, the break-ins at the Borgata this weekend were really unacceptable. You could tell who they were, because they had Borgata winter open polo shirts instead of uniforms. 20-40 players shouldn't have to tell a dealer not to collect time when a new game opens at ten past the hour. 20-40 players should not have to constantly remind the dealer to move the button. These are really basic things. I also think the Taj dealers are better trained -- with very few exceptions they just dummy up and deal. I've had several Borgata dealers start talking about what great players they are. Just shut up and deal the cards!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:06 AM

From the few times I played 20/40 in the new Borgata room, the players seem to be the regular Borgata 20/40 players, not regular Taj players. I don't particuarly like the TAG 20/40 tables in Borgata, but I dislike more the LAG 20/40 tables in Taj. Perhaps I don't know how to play those LAG tables.

It is a shame that some of the new dealers are not up to snuff. Borgata dealers used to be the best in the city in my opinion. I also think the customer service at Borgata has suffered, as each floor person has to cover more tables than they used to, and they don't seem to care about certain things as much as they used to. Also, getting seated to a game has been an ordeal for me some of the time because of the size of the room.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:25 AM

Borgata new room is pretty big but in reality they didn't build it big enough. Every single table in high limit room was running on Sunday night and most of the low limits had waiting lists. Yeah. on holliday weekend taj can get 2-3 20 games going but on the normal day 20 game breaks up at 9pm.
[ QUOTE ]
Whats most interesting to me is the number of 20/40 and 40/80 tables since the Borg expanded

[/ QUOTE ]
40 game is running strong but pool of players is not as big as you think. On any given night 7 out of 10 players on 40 would be hard core regulars that play that game every single day.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With respect to the dealers, the break-ins at the Borgata this weekend were really unacceptable. You could tell who they were, because they had Borgata winter open polo shirts instead of uniforms.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are temp dealers that were hired to cover the overflow expected from the tournament that starts this week. This is par for the course anywhere you go when there is a tournament starting, unfortunately this always happens even at places such as the Bellagio.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 09:21 AM

The Trop is getting a new room ??? Does anyone have any other information about this ... I've been playing there over 10 years and always liked the room at the Trop !
Old 09-05-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Trop is getting a new room ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Tropicana AC - New Poker Room next month - 65 tables!