Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Retirement from L@TB

Sorry to hear this Barry. I have watched the show since its inception and always enjoyed your play, (especially when you were winning). I hope to see you back in the future.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Must be the curse of Barron Vangor Toth. Since his article in the 2+2 magazine, he's been running bad ever since.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Barron, I noticed he has been absent from the LATB thread. I hope he is well.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:39 PM

wow - sorry to hear this Barry but you have to do what feels right. You were great to watch and your game improved tremendously...

Hope to see you again in the future on the show and perhaps someday out in Vegas or LA .....
Old 09-02-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Say it ain\'t so

Get well soon BDub...stop by your next supermarket tour in the midwest.

Hope you keep posting, enjoy your insights. ANy correlation to BDub and Corp Mike strugging and Allan sleeping with the horseshoe? I'll bet it has something to do with Pluto being named a dwarf planet.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:51 AM

Hey Barry,

While I'm sad to hear your announcement, from what I'm reading here I agree you should take a break.

In general lately you look like you're not having a good time at Live at the Bike, and I believe if you can't enjoy yourself playing a game, it's probably time to quit.

I hope to see you again when you can find joy playing poker. I do enjoy your company and would like to play with you again in November.

Garland
Old 09-02-2006, 04:52 AM

When you're running bad or playing bad - sometimes the best thing to do is get away from the tables. A break is probably a great idea. You are a very good player Barry - go watch some old episodes of LATB and build back your confidence - I'm sure i'll see you around. In the meanwhile, I'll miss you.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:27 AM

Barry I've been watching you on the show for a while. As of late you've looked miserable and kind of lost. Don't just take a break from the show. Try taking a break from all things poker related until you can spend an entire day without thinking about it more than once. Then come back and kick ass.
On a side note: I'm gonna reiterate that Alan is gonna crush this game for a while. He's not only running well but playing way above his old level.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:43 PM

It is a sad dark day in L@TB history.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:43 PM

The classic Barry vs Mike confrontations will sorely be missed. Hope to see ya back soon.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Say it ain't so Barry!!!

I haven't been able to watch for quite a while. For some reason, I just can't get the video to stream very well...and now that it's chargeable, I don't want to risk the cost without the quality.

At any rate, it was always fun to watch you play and make those calls. Hope to see you back in the ring soon!

Sidenote: I actually introduced myself to you in Vegas about a month ago. You had just finished a cell phone conversation at the Bellagio and obliged me with a little idle chit-chat. I also saw you 2 days later at the Wynn busting a guy's AA with JT...think he was a fellow LatB player.

Anyway, you're a class act and I know you'll recover.