Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: $22s - AK totally misplayed

[ QUOTE ]

Did you play the aces badly or the flush well? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really call the flush 'played well' here? I can't imagine how that minbet on the made flush is a solid play. Moreso it strikes me as a lucky situation where your opponenets have strong made hands and not something like KT...

No?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did you play the aces badly or the flush well? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really call the flush 'played well' here? I can't imagine how that minbet on the made flush is a solid play. Moreso it strikes me as a lucky situation where your opponenets have strong made hands and not something like KT...

No?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think it was very well played, but then if two people stick their chips in dead against a made flush then it's hard to argue against the "I read/knew that would happen" argument.

Lori
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lori

MP1 definitely has AA, and UTG+1 has a flush sadly so we are going broke. I fold, because I am 100% sure of this read.

BTW OP if you went in here, it would take a harsh man to say it was misplayed even though you were drawing dead.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be willing to bet a very large amount of money that your read is 100% wrong.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lori

MP1 definitely has AA, and UTG+1 has a flush sadly so we are going broke. I fold, because I am 100% sure of this read.

BTW OP if you went in here, it would take a harsh man to say it was misplayed even though you were drawing dead.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be willing to bet a very large amount of money that your read is 100% wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am willing to bet any ammount of money that nobody can guess the 2 hands right.

Btw, the misplayed part was mostly because of the turn, since i am a weak tight pussy and folded [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

River was the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and i thought "wow, thank god i folded". MP2 shows KQo with no spade and UTG+1 shows KJo with no spade. MP2 won with 2 pair... and i puked.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:05 PM

I figured one of them for K-pair......not both. Yikes.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:10 PM

22 sng, what do you expect.

i'm usually rarely putting the pfR on a flopped flush draw. if so, good for him, he's going to get the money. i'd be more scared of the calling station and hitting his flush. i'd play this tight on the turn, check call the river hoping that somebody was an idiot.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lori

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like some of that action..... that read is way too cock-sure, especially given that we have one of the aces.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing seemed stupid, and folding seemed weak, so i called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate playing AK OOP post flop. Is a push really that stupid? Unless I knew or had reads on the reraiser this would probably be my default line. If I knew that villian had a really tight range to reraise me preflop I might just fold.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:05 PM

I didnt have reads, but what can you expect from someone that reraises you UTG raise? I thought his range was pretty tight and i didnt want to flip a coin this early. If an A or K its on the flop, my money is going in, if not i fold.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:04 PM

Yeah, I've misread the hand. Now I see it.