Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: two-a-days

FYI new episode on MTV tonight @9:30 central time
Old 08-30-2006, 06:54 PM

CR,

I'm excited that tonight I will have a full 90 minutes of this show ready for viewing!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CR,

I'm excited that tonight I will have a full 90 minutes of this show ready for viewing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to disappoint but they've only aired one episode, tonights show is episode #2.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 PM

CR,

Uh, 60 + 30 = 90?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 PM

My cousin was a senior at Hoover last year, and MTV was everywhere filming stuff.

It is based on last year's season.

Hoover High School in Alabama, the first game was on ESPN last year. Football is HUGE there, that is no joke. I believe last year during the ESPN game, they mentioned the Athletic Bosters for Hoover brought in close to a million dollars.
Lots of money.

Ross Wilson - a Junior last year - the QB, older brother I think is starting for Alabama this year, and Ross will be highly recruited.

P.S. Yes Repete's father is named Pete, he is a walk on at Auburn currently.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 PM

I think its real. My current girlfriend just graduated from hoover the year before this was filmed. She knows alot of the people, however, the school is huge like 3k? students or so everybody doesn't know everybody.

It is an extremely rich school system. Quick example. There is 1 huge residential area where most of the kids from that school live. Most of the houses range between 300k-2mil. (This is really high for Alabama BTW)

So, My girlfriend was a senior at hoover and she lived in this area. I come over for a bit, about 8 oclock. I park in front of her house kinda on the road/front of her yard. I leave about 3am or so, because we aren't sure if her dad is cool with me spending the night. We aren't sure he isn't cool with it; we just don't talk to him much. So, we don't want my car there when he leaves for work in the morning.

Anyway. I pull out and make the first turn of about 7 to get out of this huge ass place back to the real roads. I notice a police car pull out behind me. Ok, whatever.

I make the 3rd turn, and the cop is still following me. Not only that, another one has joined the chase.

As I leave the housing area, 3 police cars are behind me. At least, thats what I can tell.

Now that we are out of the housing area on the main road, i get the flashers. Ok, excellent.

I pull into the parking lot of the service station I am passing. 4 way intersection.

The 3 police cars pull in, but oh wait, 2 more come from the other direction, and whats this? 2 more pullin from a nearby redlight.

So, its around 3 am, on a wednesday night, and I have 7 police cars with their high beams trained on me.

Apparantly, the lady across the street was unfamilar with my car and called the police cause she was a little worried.

They called my girlfriend to confirm my story.

Then the copper came to my car and said my girlfriend said she didn't know what I was talkin about.

I looked confused and assumed it was time for jail, for you know, doing nothing wrong.

Then the cop says, haha, nah just messing with you, she said it was all good. LOL, good jokes.

The 7 cops roll out, and I return home.

This school wins everything in alabama. Granted they are huge, so pure numbers gives them stronger teams on average, but I think they pay kids to come to school there.

Give their moms a job in the school system and set them up with a nice house... you know.

Short version: School system rich as [censored], I got pwned by cops, pretty sure they buy players.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Short version: School system rich as [censored], I got pwned by cops, pretty sure they buy players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read something on the show not being the Rich Kids like Laguna beach, we all laughed because Hoover is a very rich area for Alabama.

Not insanely rich like Laguna beach, but Hoover is far from back woods Alabama.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 PM

There was a fairly large article about this team in SI last week. The QB is apparently the best in the country, but too small to play D1. According to the article 60% of the staters have D1-A, D1-AA or D2 scholarships and two non-starters have D1-AA scholarships. The QB has none.

Pretty sick high school team.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a fairly large article about this team in SI last week. The QB is apparently the best in the country, but too small to play D1. According to the article 60% of the staters have D1-A, D1-AA or D2 scholarships and two non-starters have D1-AA scholarships. The QB has none.

Pretty sick high school team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this converstion with some of my family recently, my Aunt was talking about how Ross was in SI and going to be better than his brother, best QB in the nation etc.
My Uncle and I were telling her - he's not big enough.
I had not checked out the article other than finding out he was really considered the best, but what you say doesn't surprise me.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read something on the show not being the Rich Kids like Laguna beach, we all laughed because Hoover is a very rich area for Alabama.

Not insanely rich like Laguna beach, but Hoover is far from back woods Alabama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived near there for a while too, and Hoover/Vestavia is nothing like most of Alabama. But it is neat seeing things around Birmingham on the show.