Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Small project going about party high stake - Part 1

[ QUOTE ]
I also wanted to know how much niamin was down lifetime [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 AM

Wait, is the OP looking for datamined hand histories, or HHs from 2+2ers' actual play? Those are different things. I got the impression that he was looking for datamined ones, but some of the responses seem to refer to the poster's own database.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:30 AM

u bring up a very good question on where nianmin gets his money to play poker.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:48 AM

this isn't any more unethical than datamining itself. and everyone does that.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u bring up a very good question on where nianmin gets his money to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been playing online for a long time. He was one of my favorite fish in the party 15 back in like 2002. He's probably just some rich guy that likes to play poker.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:24 AM

I dont see the problem with this. Lots of people are datamining the 50+ games on party and have done so for a very long time.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:58 AM

Deep inside I seriously thought I would have gotten more support from the community. Most heavy players who knows me thought this was going to be a great project where they could have learned leaks in their play analysing stats by position/% steal/blind defenses of players who seemed to be doing greate in the 50+. Basically most people I talked too weren't concerned about any of these issues.

I was investing a lot myself. I have over 200k hands played in that game since january and I was planning to invest a lot of hours of my time filtering/taking screen shots and posting about it. Took me 1 1/2 weeks to assemble all that. Each time I access this database, each single request is taking a lot of time to and it's not going to decrease.

If there is not more interest to something like that, this might just go underground like all discussions going for the high stakes limit game. Instead of beaing a short project, this might just be a long term one, since we'll have to mine some more to actually have some interesting data, I'm not far.

For those who are interested, I have over 110k hands on niamin and he is still a 50k winner. So far the niamin's mistery is still unresolved. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 07:36 AM

If there is a way to send you DB without hand histories attached (so you wouldn't see in case you want it how the certain hands were played) it wouldn't be that hurting to a sender. I guess this isn't possible as you can merge your DB with the others only through re-importing hhs (?).

I can share my stats not my HHs and im interesting in overall state of Party HS games in terms of who are the winner and who isn't as i only play at PP. If it helps and is possible - let me know. If HHs needed - then i can't help, cause it's way too much info to risk with.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:53 AM

baro-

LOL

i will sell my database to you for 1000 dollars
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 AM

as a statistician i must say you absolutely have to take precautions not to corrupt your data set. or at least to check to make sure you are drawing as good of a conclusion that can be drawn from your sample.

i dont have a CLUE as to how this and PT all works but things that need to be double checked are

1) no duplicate HH #s.

2) some proxy variable for avg bb/100 or other determinant of game conditions graphed over time. vpip in a given level etc.

3) seasonality in the data. so graph yoru determinants over time and look at a cross section of years to check to make sure summer isn't better than winter and those who only play in summer are then artificially "bigger winners" than those who only play in the winter etc.

there are tons more im sure but those are 3 that knee-jerk jump to the front of my head.

Barron