Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Re: KQs with a coordinated board

*Grunch*
I say bet the river here, while its possible somebody has made a bdfd here I think its unlikely enough for you to bet/fold. Nobody has shown any aggression here and I dont see a made flush checking this river.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:16 PM

So stupid question. We're still sitting there with just top pair. We have 3 callers still, any of which could've been calling down with dumb hands like K7, J7, T7, maybe even 37 and then of course we could have the freaky passive people just calling with KJ etc (it is .1/.2). And then there's the 89 and 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s.

In my recent past I would bet here, but my recent past was also overly aggressive and I blew lots of money, making me hesitant to bet a river like this with "just" top pair and 3 callers.

Besides my "emotional scarring" and perhaps the BB who can never find his fold button, would a bet here still be theoretically right? Are we that sure that we have the best hand and would be called by a worse hand enough to bet?

Then again, remembering back into my .1/.2 days I've have a fairly decent amount of success with hands like this, but I find agression like this lately (.5/1, 1/2) goes with a wasted river bet.

I guess to sum up my questions are:
Would you really bet this river?
Would you bet this river at .5/1-1/2 (not that the true calling stations are all that much better at folding but the other 2 players).

Have my recent results (losses) blurred my value betting optimism? I still think the theory of making a bet that will be called with a worse hand might not be satisfied, but give me your feedback either way.

And I've been around a bit, but what is "fyp"?
For Your Prediction?
What else makes sense there?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So stupid question. We're still sitting there with just top pair. We have 3 callers still, any of which could've been calling down with dumb hands like K7, J7, T7, maybe even 37 and then of course we could have the freaky passive people just calling with KJ etc (it is .1/.2). And then there's the 89 and 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s.

In my recent past I would bet here, but my recent past was also overly aggressive and I blew lots of money, making me hesitant to bet a river like this with "just" top pair and 3 callers.

Besides my "emotional scarring" and perhaps the BB who can never find his fold button, would a bet here still be theoretically right? Are we that sure that we have the best hand and would be called by a worse hand enough to bet?

Then again, remembering back into my .1/.2 days I've have a fairly decent amount of success with hands like this, but I find agression like this lately (.5/1, 1/2) goes with a wasted river bet.

Would you bet this river at .5/1-1/2 (not that the true calling stations are all that much better at folding but the other 2 players).

Have my recent results (losses) blurred my value betting optimism? I still think the theory of making a bet that will be called with a worse hand might not be satisfied, but give me your feedback either way.

For Your Prediction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lordy, take a breath, it's just a value bet not a source of validation. You value bet here because no one has shown any strength but you and for all intents and purposes the board hasn't changed since the flop. If the last broadway card had hit on the river and you had been 3-bet on the flop and checked to on the turn you can think about b/f the river. But in this situation you really need to be betting here. You will lose some hands but you will get some reads and you will win much more than you lose. The first 47 hands I posted I was screamed at to value bet that dang river so you aren't alone.

FYP - From Your Post
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For Your Prediction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lordy, take a breath, it's just a value bet not a source of validation. You value bet here because no one has shown any strength but you and for all intents and purposes the board hasn't changed since the flop. If the last broadway card had hit on the river and you had been 3-bet on the flop and checked to on the turn you can think about b/f the river. But in this situation you really need to be betting here. You will lose some hands but you will get some reads and you will win much more than you lose. The first 47 hands I posted I was screamed at to value bet that dang river so you aren't alone.

FYP - FIXED Your Post

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For Your Prediction?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP - FIXED Your Post

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:52 AM

Results:
Final pot: 14.25BB
BB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], high card king
UTG showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], two pairs, kings and tens
CO mucks J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], two pairs, jacks and tens
Hero mucks K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], one pair, kings
Old 08-30-2006, 05:18 AM

Bet the river, rest of the hand is fine.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:47 PM

Don't post results. Don't be biased by results.