Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Slansky Go Away

i dont know of yall see it yet but skalansky is actually just dumb about philosophy. like any undergrad who takes phil seriously should find this obvious. if his painfully large ego would ever allow him to aknowledge his shortcommings this whole situation would be embarassing for him
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah maybe my post was a bad idea, it is kind of stupid. its just everytime i look at this forum that could have a lot of interesting stuff on it, it's all about religion, i know god doesn't exist and am not interested in reading or talking about it further, wish the discussion was on other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with making this post if you really feel that way.

I dunno. I find it interesting. I also find that I often disagree with your opinions. Usually strongly. We probably wouldn't get along.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 AM

common. Did you ever think maybe some people enjoy those discussions? They are the most popular threads on this forum so i dont see merit for a complaint. You and everyone else are still welcome to post about whatever you want. Its not like Sklansky declared that only religion can be discussed because that is where his interest lies.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:19 AM

People hate whenever someone smarter than them questions them about core values they hold. Sklansky hardly holds some nefarious agenda, and he rarely makes fun of people who are obviously stupid. He doesn't understand why people hold such beliefs and is interested in understanding it, he even likes the chief guy who argues against him.

People naturally hate philisophical and religious debate because they are always trying to win their argument. If you disagree with what Sklansky, or anyone else posts why not point it out and your reasoning why. Instead of these types of posts.

Light a candle, don't curse the darkness.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know God doesn't exist and I am not interested in reading or talking about it further. I wish the discussion was on other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the biggest moron to walk the earth. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You claim to "know" a god doesn't exist, yet I'd bet everything I own that you have only lived a portion of one life, that you don't know where the soul goes when the heart stops (if you can prove a soul doesn't exist mind you), and that all you knowledge has been spoon-fed to you by other thinkers because you cave to peer pressure and can't make up your own mind or bother to investigate outside of a few cliched questions such as "If God is so good why do bad things happen?" etc etc.

Here's what you know:

Jack and his mate "[censored]".

Everything you know comes from human reason, which is the most powerful tool we have, but it takes a certain amount of arrogance to rely on only this as you 'conclusive proof' that God doesn't exist. (Especially when alot of conclusions arrived at by this reason were established by thinkers other than yourself)

David Sklansky has a right to say what he wants on any forum here, ever seen the back of a 2+2 book? I guess he has stronger ties to 2+2 than you.

I'll admit at times I find David's posts disappointing purely because he comes off as either attacking religion or asking a question that is really just a covert attack.

I wouldn't have a problem with this normally as this thing is expected and done before, but what amazes me at times is David's lack of knowledge about Christianity.

I would recommend to Sklansky to put down any books that deal with opposing Christianity, put down any dogma from ecclesiastical institutions and just read the bible, from cover to cover, Genesis to Revelations.

Then go back to the opposing stuff and also read the apologetic stuff, make up your own mind using your own "raison" David.

That being said, David has some interesting posts as times, as do most people here, and as always the rule is this:

If ye don't like the topic of a thread, clicketh on it not!

Cheers,
SDM

PS - You English sucks, FYP biatch. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PPS - Take what I wrote about you with a grain of salt, I'm intoxicated and my tone is not 'mean', rather 'jovial', and I'm having a little fun with you about your strong beliefs. Open your mind dude, You can be 99% sure about most things but seldom 100%, and that 1% can really be a monkey wrench in your works if its true. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Slansky Go Away *DELETED*

Post deleted by wacki

reason: name calling w/o any logical arguement to back it up
Old 08-10-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know of yall see it yet but skalansky is actually just dumb about philosophy. like any undergrad who takes phil seriously should find this obvious. if his painfully large ego would ever allow him to aknowledge his shortcommings this whole situation would be embarassing for him

[/ QUOTE ]

Your failure to elaborate by giving specifics is often an indication that you're talking out of your ass. Most likely, you're upset by his willingness to question your beliefs.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
slansky get lost you are ruining this place, no one cares about religion. check out the name of this forum, it is "science, math, and philosophy" forum, not the "slansky gets pedantic about relgiion" forum. adios sucker

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much think the same thing. Although I wouldn't have said it in such an awesome manner. Bruiser is my hero.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
okay nutjob

[/ QUOTE ]

Deep.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 AM

What reason do you have to believe that my reading the bible will significantly change my opinion? Do others think so too?