Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 PM

Default Re: \"Regulars\" at the Borgata....

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the same table. Rocco was upset that the 800-1600 limit hold-em players were getting special treatment which he didn't get. What seat were you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

You were at the 5/10 table or the 10/25 table? I was playing 5/10. I was the guy with glasses in the 5 seat (i think it was 5). Were you at that table? What time were you playing?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was at the same table. Rocco was upset that the 800-1600 limit hold-em players were getting special treatment which he didn't get. What seat were you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

You were at the 5/10 table or the 10/25 table? I was playing 5/10. I was the guy with glasses in the 5 seat (i think it was 5). Were you at that table? What time were you playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Rocco played at a couple of 5/10 tables. Pretty sure he was an a** at all of them.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:01 PM

I have played with this guy twice and he didn't seem horrible. He was blabbing about the 2-4 when I was there with him last weekend though, which was kinda dumb. The regulars at the Borgata are kinda a funny group though (in the 5/10nl at least) because they are getting treated a lot better at the Borgata than they would be at a lot of other rooms, yet they perpetually complain about something.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:11 PM

BTW - what did he do that pissed you off so badly?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW - what did he do that pissed you off so badly?

[/ QUOTE ]

He moved to my table and was directly to my left. There were 6 limpers or so. I complete in the sb. He makes it 110. Everyone folds to the button. He thinks for a minute, then folds. I fold.

The guy to my right says something like "I should've come over the top, I know he had nothing." I tell him that he should've if he had a hand, and we discuss it for a minute.

Rocco overhears my conversation, and, without anything more, says, in the most sarcastic, a**-like voice, says "when your book comes out, can I get an autograph?"

I had been warned by a few people about him, so I decided to be a d.ck back to him. I said "I don't remember saying anything to you. Pretty sure I was just talking to the guy on my right."

Rocco tells me I should stop being a [censored] wiseguy. I tell him he's the [censored] wiseguy, he started with me, blah blah blah.

He tells me "I don't know who I'm dealing with." I tell him I know exactly who I'm dealing with, and that's the whole point.

Eventually, it gets dropped. But at every table he moved to, he started something. I could hear him from a few tables over no matter where he sat. Total c.cksucker who deserves to get punched. I hope someone does it.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 AM

I guarantee the rest of the table saw two people with room for improvement, not one. Rocco's behavior should be no higher than second place in your mind.

Martin
Old 08-28-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee the rest of the table saw two people with room for improvement, not one. Rocco's behavior should be no higher than second place in your mind.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! I knew the "high and mighty" of 2+2 would speak out soon. Free, if it was me, I'da broken his teeth.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 AM

People who discuss strategy at the table irritate me too.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:53 AM

Me too... especially in a game like this. Do we really need to be discussing re-squeezing at the table? Anyway, I have heard him and others make the exact same joke when I played with them a few weeks ago and no verbal bickering followed. Also, my impression of Rocco was that he was a bit nittish/TAG - so he probably had a good hand here a lot of the time...
Old 08-28-2006, 11:19 AM

Sounds like the OP needs at attitude adjustment but doesn't know it. The villain is perceived to be a known idiot, now that we all know that its really a non-topic. But the OP sounds like he is looking for an excuse to continue to cause trouble after a small argument at the table.

Advice for the OP - learn to control your ego. This isn't a peen size contest, don't let it become one and you will be much happier.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]