Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: dating an older girl

dont worry about labeling the relationship. you're 22. bang her brains out and have fun. the other stuff will take care of itself.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That age gap is nothing. You're in the real world now.

[/ QUOTE ]
the four-year age gap doesn't sound like much, but an unemployed college boy dating a yuppie does feel a bit weird. maybe I have nothing to worry about but doesn't stuff like money, and uh, money matter a lot to girls at this age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a job hippie.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
warik,

thanks. I've pretty much been overthinking it, that's kind of my style. however I'm not actually afraid of huge-armed men waving around big paychecks, I'm just joking around. I obviously have a long way to go but I understand the mentality I have to have about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

man - where do you live? I want to make sure I don't accidentally steal this broad away from you.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 PM

LOL 4 years is not an age gap at all man. 22 to 26 is nothing.

[censored] I dated a women significanlty (14yrs) older in my 20's. Now that was/is a cool relationship.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
warik,

thanks. I've pretty much been overthinking it, that's kind of my style. however I'm not actually afraid of huge-armed men waving around big paychecks, I'm just joking around. I obviously have a long way to go but I understand the mentality I have to have about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

man - where do you live? I want to make sure I don't accidentally steal this broad away from you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I live just outside of boston. if you want I can PM you her name, phone number, and a list of her favorite movies and theme parks to make extra certain that you don't take her away!

edit: part of the reason I'm uptight about it is that I'm actually moving to the boston area (not because of her, nits) and I don't really know the scene at all. once I have a chance at anything else, i.e. once I start going out again, I'll be able to relax.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL 4 years is not an age gap at all man. 22 to 26 is nothing.

[censored] I dated a women significanlty (14yrs) older in my 20's. Now that was/is a cool relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe it's just that I'm still in college in my head or something but it damn well feels like a big age gap.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:51 PM

sounds like you're being needy and she doesn't want a bf. just chillax. that's not much of an age gap either.

i'm 24 and dating a 37 year old and it doesn't feel like there's much of a gap to me. older women rock. well younger women rock too though.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:28 PM

Enjoy the ride, the gap is nothing. Sometimes when older women date younger men, they do so because they believe that the men thier age expect more out of a relationship. There's a chance that she dates younger men because she doesn't want that expectation put on her. Or perhaps she just digs you, regardless, don't presssure her and just enjoy yourself.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:31 PM

I don't see how a 4 year gap is that big of a deal here. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out...like any other dating situation. It's only been a month anyway, not like it's time to get hitched.

The real question is what you are looking for. You looking to have fun or get serious? It sounds like the latter to me...at 22 you should be having fun. Get serious when you're a little older.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:33 PM

have you screwed her or not, this might make a little difference in her thought process