Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: kurosh hand from bbv

Pot odds + reads + my gut feeling that CO was full of [censored]. You guys can say your usual stuff about how my hands are terrible and I'm results orientated or whatnot, but you know, this kind of stuff happens a lot and I'm nearly always right. I was at the table, not any of you.

What percent of the time do you think these guys have the hands they do?? Do you think it's a coincidence that I happened to play my hand this way only this time?? I have a similar hand from tonight where I'm getting 15:1 with QQ on a AKx flop and I folded. I'm not retarded.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot odds + reads + my gut feeling that CO was full of [censored]. You guys can say your usual stuff about how my hands are terrible and I'm results orientated or whatnot, but you know, this kind of stuff happens a lot and I'm nearly always right. I was at the table, not any of you.

What percent of the time do you think these guys have the hands they do?? Do you think it's a coincidence that I happened to play my hand this way only this time?? I have a similar hand from tonight where I'm getting 15:1 with QQ on a AKx flop and I folded. I'm not retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence, but you are full of [censored]. You say you made this play on your gut feeling that CO was full of [censored], but then why did you fold the blank turn? I don't buy all this 'wow, i know my play looks like a horrendous spew but I just make fantastic reads and am always right' bs either, if you really made that good reads you would be pulling 5BB per 100 in.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:27 PM

btw we've all made bad plays like this, you look on the bright side, big pot.....only one guy to act behind us.....if one of them has AK we have huge implied odds.....been running bad would like this big pot etc. There is no disgrace in just saying 'ye, it was a pretty loose call, probably not a good one'.

I'm sorry that I probably come off like a total [censored], and I like you Kurosh but you need to stop seeking to justify your bad plays.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:28 PM

I didn't think CO would bet turn and I thought BB had an ace at that point.

I didn't say I'm always right. There are some hands, maybe a few times a day, when I get a feeling and I am nearly always right then. I had it here and I went with it.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:30 PM

If you want, one of these days I will post a full session and you can see how often I am right when I do something bad looking.

Another hand from that same session:
Party Poker 100.00/200.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(3 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.00 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9h 8c (high card ten.)
Hero has 9c 6c (a pair of sixes.)
Hero wins 12.99 BB.
</font>

There are factors you can't see just by looking at a hand history.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:31 PM

BB has bet into a capped pot, someone else has called, you have the capper behind you, the board is AK5r - you are going to have the best hand here basically never Kurosh - you might think that one guy is bsing, but then again even maniacs pick up good hands, maniacs cap K2o, A2o preflop etc. - so even if you think CO MIGHT be at it, you still have two other guys to worry about, if you were to the left of CO and felt you could raise his bet and force the other out then fine, but just fold this flop man.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want, one of these days I will post a full session and you can see how often I am right when I do something bad looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually really like that. We would have to agree which session it is going to be in advance, otherwise it would be too easy for you to present a rosy view. I would definitely look at it and offer my comments.

Dean
Old 08-27-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think CO would bet turn and I thought BB had an ace at that point.

I didn't say I'm always right. There are some hands, maybe a few times a day, when I get a feeling and I am nearly always right then. I had it here and I went with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this just sounds like typical selective memory.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:41 PM

It comes down to this: I was at the table. Even though all of you are saying I am never ahead here, THIS TIME I WAS, THE ONE TIME I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS PLAY WHEN 99/100 TIMES I WOULD FOLD. A lot of you have played with me. I don't do things like this.

If you guys think I'm wrong, whatever, I don't care. I didn't post this hand for strategy discussion. I made a decision and none of you have access to the information I had.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:47 PM

The problem is that your turn play is inconsistent with your justification for your flop play. You also seem to make '1 in 100' plays a hell of a lot.