Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Flopped top set in multiway pot

Agaist 3 players you may want to play for overcalls here. If you raise the guys behind you will probably fold and MP2 will probably call (+1BB for you), possibly raise, but if you just call you may get 2 callers (+2BB for you). We pass on the raise here not because we are afraid that we do not have the best hand, but because it will make more money! >=) The pot is also large making it more likely that you will get overcallers. (reads would be helpful here as well)
Old 08-27-2006, 01:56 PM

The only two hands you are behind on the flop are 86 and 63, both of which are very unlikely.

Flop is good. But in a pot this large I like to just call here because you will not get anyone to fold their Flush draws or 6's. It is better to let the aggressor keep the wind in his sails and make him pay for it on the turn when the bets are double, assuming a clean card hits.

As you played the flop, the turn is fine.

Raise the river. You can't honestly put MP2 on AA based on his play on the other streets. More than likely he has A6 or made twopair.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:31 PM

The question isn't so much "is your hand good" it's more will you make more on overcalls.

So you have to weigh the likelihood of the button and BB calling two bets if you raise vs - being raised by a better hand behind you, or MP2 re-rasiing you.

It's really tough to put MP2 on a hand here - I'd say somewhere Aces Up or better.

The Button showed some strength PF and the Flop - But the only hand I'd fear from him is AA, and I can't just give him credit for that (albeit still possible)

MP2 will certainly call your raise, and the button seems to be a calling station as well.

I think MP2 has Aces up enough to re-raise and get paid off - the twice (button and MP2). Without doing the math, I don't think you'll lose as much as you win when one of them have you beat.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]