Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Callling the cops on your neighbors - My Story

[ QUOTE ]
For the most part, I am P-A. Had I been the Turkish woman though, you best believe I would have made your life a living hell for calling the cops on me for a family argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have many family arguments where you argue at the top of your lungs for 5 hours and smash things? The police get involved in domestic disputes all the time.

I used to have a couple that lived upstairs that fought all the time and I never got involved. This was a different type of thing.

I called the cops for their own protection and I think they realized that.

You do realize that most murders and violent crimes are commited by one family member on another.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:53 PM

A couple fighting is a HUGE difference than a mother & daughter fighting, especially when the daughter is a grown ass woman.

Are you telling me you've never been in a shouting match with one of your parents? Hell, this was normal behavior for me as a teenager and I was a good kid.

Cops usually give 1 warning before they come in arresting people. So, since they already had a complaint and showed up because you called them, next time people are going to be arrested. It obviously wasn't a serious argument since once you told them you called the cops, they quit and left.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 PM

I agree that they are different situations and I generally think that just talking to horn honker is fine. However, I think getting the cops involved is acceptable if you perceive that it might be risky to handle it yourself. I have had people get out of the their cars, yell at me, and try to start something for now good reason.

There are a lot of people who have problems with rage and will interpret the silghtest question as a threat.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It obviously wasn't a serious argument since once you told them you called the cops, they quit and left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hindsight
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM

You are now contradicting yourself. Your validation for making it okay for calling the cops on the 2 women is you thought something serious was going on and it might be too risky to handle it yourself.

But then, you go knock on their door after you call the cops. This is where I have the problem. It obviously wasn't as serious as you're trying to make it out to be if you yourself think situations might be too risky to handle it yourself, but then you handled this one yourself.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had people get out of the their cars, yell at me, and try to start something for now good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, one time I honked at this guy in a jacked up pickup truck in Durham NC and gave him the finger when I was about 16. He almost hit me speeding around a parking lot like a retard. He followed me, stopped behind me at a red light, came up to my window and tried to punch me in the head! Guess I shouldn't have given him the finger.

In general though I think perceiving some guy who is able to maintain a regular schedule in his horn honking as a threat is probably jumping the gun... if he was really that crazy he'd at least be late now and then.

NT
Old 08-24-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are now contradicting yourself. Your validation for making it okay for calling the cops on the 2 women is you thought something serious was going on and it might be too risky to handle it yourself.

But then, you go knock on their door after you call the cops. This is where I have the problem. It obviously wasn't as serious as you're trying to make it out to be if you yourself think situations might be too risky to handle it yourself, but then you handled this one yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he could obviously have scampered across the hall and locked himself in his room if they came after him... this makes no sense... I think Max was fine in this case.

NT
Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM

More hindsight bias on your part.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More hindsight bias on your part.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you first called the cops, then you handled things on your own. As you said earlier, there are some situations that you feel are too risky to handle on your own, YET YOU HANDLED THIS ONE ON YOUR OWN. Therefore, this was not one of those siutations and the cops didn't need called.

EDIT TO ADD :

Now, if you knocked first, nothing happened and then you called the cops, I would see this as okay. I would also see it okay (on your part) if you just called the cops and stayed inside your house.

The reason I would be pissed at you if this was me is because you did both. Doing both just makes no sense.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the standard play here to open your door and manly shout "STFU!" at the top of your lungs?

[/ QUOTE ]