Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: King-rag from the BB blargh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually check top pair no kicker out of the blinds to judge the action behind me and to let limpers overplay their hands. If it gets folded back to you for example, I might just end up calling on the flop and let him continue to bet it on the big streets. If it gets back to you and there are still people to act behind, I might prefer to check raise.

Betting out basically announces that you have a king or similarly strong hand. If they are passive calling stations I could see that line being good, but against typical short handed players I like to give them a chance to take control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolution nice post i think the main thing here is IMO most .50/1.00 6-max players are your typical call down monkeys. Really all three options are not bad here. My defualt on a board like this in this game is pretty much to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that your typical .5/1 6-max players are indeed calling stations, but are generally more aggressive than your full ring calling stations and like to bet when checked to. The really passive calling stations are rarer for me, but I play Stars and Party could be different.