Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Genital warts and Compound W Freeze Off

The deed is done.

Used 7 applicators total, on all of the warts I could see. Some of them were so small they were hard to see. Hopefully I got all of them.

It hurt, but it didn't really hurt as bad as I thought it would. It more stung than anything. Thankfully, I have no warts (that I can see anyway) on the head of my penis; they're all on the shaft skin. I don't think I would have been able to deal with freezing off any on the head. The ones near the circumcision scar hurt the worst; the ones further down didn't hurt all that much.

The instructions say "As a result of freezing, a blister may form (sometimes filled with blood) within a few days. After treatment, the treated wart falls off and new skin grows in its place. For common warts, usually only 1 treatment is necessary. In persistent cases, repeat the treatment after 2 weeks." So, we'll see what happens within the next few weeks. Right now, the skin is swollen.

I just hope I got all of them. I really am tired of this. I need to be able to have some peace of mind.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The deed is done.

Used 7 applicators total, on all of the warts I could see. Some of them were so small they were hard to see. Hopefully I got all of them.

It hurt, but it didn't really hurt as bad as I thought it would. It more stung than anything. Thankfully, I have no warts (that I can see anyway) on the head of my penis; they're all on the shaft skin. I don't think I would have been able to deal with freezing off any on the head. The ones near the circumcision scar hurt the worst; the ones further down didn't hurt all that much.

The instructions say "As a result of freezing, a blister may form (sometimes filled with blood) within a few days. After treatment, the treated wart falls off and new skin grows in its place. For common warts, usually only 1 treatment is necessary. In persistent cases, repeat the treatment after 2 weeks." So, we'll see what happens within the next few weeks. Right now, the skin is swollen.

I just hope I got all of them. I really am tired of this. I need to be able to have some peace of mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I have never opened my eyes as wide or had my jaw drop as low in all of my time reading 2+2.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 AM

How does the freezing off thing even work? Is it the same idea as those "freezing gum removers" where you freeze the gum and you can break it straight off?

Because then isnt that just the same idea as snipping off the wart with a pair of scissors? Minus the pain but with the same amount of blood of course
Old 08-08-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you freezing them off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
I had some warts on my feet when i was younger, one doctor kept trying to freeze them off, but he never did it that long, and they never went away.

Then I had another doctor, and she really froze them for a long time. I was in huge pain for a long time, couldn't walk, wanted to sleep but couldnt'. BUt they went away soon after that treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long did she freeze them for? How long did it take after the treatment before they were gone?

The instructions for this stuff say to apply it for no longer than 40 seconds. I did between 20-30 seconds. I figured the full 40 would probably be a bit much for the thinner skin.

Also, this stuff is not as cold as the liquid nitrogen that a doctor might use (-55C vs. -196C or colder), so I'm not sure how that would change things.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope you [censored] that bitch over in the divorce...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, did ya?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:20 AM

I don't remember how long, only that it really hurt.

Probably gone in week or two though.

Anyways good luck, I was just basically trying to say the more it hurts, better chance you have at it working. Not what you want to hear probably.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really hope you [censored] that bitch over in the divorce...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, did ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, although if I had known as much then as I do now, it would have been... satisfying to do so, I'll put it that way. She didn't [censored] me over either, though. As far as splitting stuff, it was pretty clear what stuff was "mine" and what was "hers" so there was hardly any fighting about that, thankfully.

At the time of the divorce, I knew about the cheating but hadn't yet been diagnosed with HPV (and, yes, I know it came from her as she's the only one I've had sex with). Keep in mind, too, that this all went rather quickly and I didn't have much time to let it all sink in. I was basically still emotionally shocked at the time of the divorce; she went from being the woman that I had loved to the woman that had cheated on me and had been out spending the money that I earned to do coke while I was at work and wanted a divorce and BAM! moved in with her new boyfriend while I was being let go from the job that I'd had for 7 years.

I couldn't care less about her at this point.

What's ironic is that she says she doesn't have any warts, which I find odd because I doubt her immune system could be fighting the infection any better than mine (she smokes, is out of shape, hardly exercises, doesn't take vitamins, and eats like crap). I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear, sometime in the near future, that she has cervical cancer (which some strains of HPV can cause). What is truly sad is that my reaction, upon hearing this news, would probably be to smile.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 AM

Wow I didn't know Compound W or anybody else had some kind of freezing product. Or how it would work. I guess it's over the counter?

The last time I had Compound W, it was a light acid that would just burn off the last layer or so of skin on the wart, and after what seemed like a long period of time and the eating away of plenty of non-wart skin too, maybe you would get rid of the wart. Kind of sucked that all the messing around there could actually spread warts if you weren't careful.

By the way, BHT, which you can often see as a preservative in foods, supposedly has quite an effect on killing viruses when taken as capsules. It's effective on herpes, etc. Twinlabs sells it, and other vitamin companies do, too. It also helps keep your kitchen oils from going rancid, so it's not a bad thing to pop a capsule in your bottle of oil. Completely tasteless.

It's not expensive at all. I'd try some if I were you.

Good luck on the rest of your warts. Sounds kinda gutsy, kinda nutty. But warts can make us do nutty things. I've never had the genital kind, but I've torn out quite a few on my hands ones, even though it's a little painful and bloody. Just can't stand 'em. Hate looking at them and worrying that they'll grow and spread.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:54 AM

I hope this works.

You should know that you still may be able to transmit HPV even if you don't have visible warts.

Oh, and tell your ex-wife to [censored] off (and my phone number).

And she's gonna get cancer and die.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:56 AM

I had a few warts on my hands a while ago. I used some cheap crap that you paint on with a little nailbrush. I also used these little band aid like strips that seemed to work. The warts were gone in like a month, I think.

Not sure how well they'd fare on your cock, tho. Good luck with allll thaat.