Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: 5/10NL Big turn c/r semibluff

i just think you're too deep to make this push especially since when he does he call he will sometimes have you dead. other times he may have a set or two pair and you have flush outs but this looks like a bad place to take a stand.

he may very well fold the best hand, but i'm going to quote raptor on this one, "this is what we call spewing...it's cool when it works but it's -ev."
Old 08-24-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just think you're too deep to make this push especially since when he does he call he will sometimes have you dead. other times he may have a set or two pair and you have flush outs but this looks like a bad place to take a stand.

he may very well fold the best hand, but i'm going to quote raptor on this one, "this is what we call spewing...it's cool when it works but it's -ev."

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a good chance you're right about this not being +ev, I have no way of actually knowing because this is such a random spot. You however are wrong on two things. You have to look at his stack regarding how deep we are, and I think that it is just about the perfect amount for the turn cr given his bet and the size of the pot. You are also wrong about this actually working. Results are he called with AAA, though I did manage to suck out with a club river...

So clearly it was the wrong move for this spot, but I still thought that given the information I had on him that it easily could have been a +ev push. Still unsure about that right now but starting to doubt based on the resonses...
Old 08-24-2006, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no way of actually knowing because this is such a random spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a way of knowing. holla
Old 08-24-2006, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
be accurate in your terminology. in no way is this a semi-anything, this is just a balls-out full on pure bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say my flushdraw is outs almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason he can't have AxK[clubs] here and you're "semibluffing" with two outs. Or a club suited connector/Kx clubs and you are totally dead.

Don't count them as outs unless you know they're outs.