Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: 3 10/20 hands

I think it IS a cap.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: 3 10/20 hands

I think you fold a better hand often enough on the first after the board has gotten that scary. In the second you can take several lines, dont make anything "standard" or you will be easy to read. Might not matter that much at 10/20 though..

Last one is interesting. Against some players you have a fairly clear 3bet on the turn and against others you probably canīt even raise the river.

Calling the turn is standard without a read I guess, but the river is really close. Some guys will check-call when the ace comes if they only have a Jack and two-pair isnīt that likely as most people dont call J6/J4 preflop and people also usually check-raise JT on that flop. I realize that most tags also check-raise 44/66, but alot of weak players WILL slowplay those, I guess some will play JT/J6/J4 like that too, but in the end I think itīs very close between raise-calling and just calling as KQ is also fairly likely and he doesnīt check when the ace hits.

Probably raise and call a 3bet, but it seems close.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Results

Thank you all for the answer.

In the first hand we checked it and he won with A7o, WTF ? I was really disappointed to see it because I thought A highs fold the turn.

In the second one he bet the river and I called. I won vs AJo ? I am new to the game but his play looked very strange to me but one good player told me that it makes sense because he may get value from weaker A's and still lsoe only one bet vs AQ or a pair. So he played it ok I guess...

In the third hand he 3bet, I called. I lost vs a set. I have limited experience of course but in that 10/20 games people rarely checkraise the turn without the goods it seems.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I have limited experience of course but in that 10/20 games people rarely checkraise the turn without the goods it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is HEAVILY player dependent... if you haven't already, you'll soon run into LAGtards who check/raise very liberally.