Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Anybody else hate video games?

[ QUOTE ]
How can you not like video games? Video games have gotten so [censored] awesome in the last 8-or-so years its not even funny.

Mu guess is you suck at video games. your the guy who comes by my apartment while am playing Grand Theft Auto with my buddies, and when it's your turn, can't figure out how to get into a car. After I physically take the controller from your hands and show you what i meant when I said "press triangle" and give it back to you you proceed to drive into the nearest wall and cannot seem to back up, so you just keep grinding the car into the wall at an angle until your car is [censored] up, the hood falls off and it catches on fire, blows up and you die. then it is someone elses turn and you mention how you hate video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly one of the funniest things to watch is someone who sux at video games. My nephew lives abroad, and had never played a video game in his life. When visiting one summer, my nephew, along with another one, and I rented some racing game. The poor kid couldn't manouver that thing out of a paper bag!

Gawd that was funny. Of course, now the kid kicks my azz at the thing.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:48 AM

I grew up loving them, but I recently bought an XBox 360 with 6 or 7 games and I barely ever played it. I used to like the good old school games. I hate 3D shooters that use dual joysticks that are so popular today. And all the sports games are so damn complicated and intricate. Give me Tecmo Super Bowl or a great side scroller like Mario 3 any day over today's games.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm over 40 now and have played videogames all my life. I think it's a nice way to relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love 60s video games!

[/ QUOTE ]
Pong came out when I was 7. I think that qualifies as 'all my life'.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:50 AM

I like video games, but I never play them. It's weird -- I'll think, "Cool, I think I'll chill and play a video game now." Then I fire up a game, play it for 10 minutes, and be done with it. Sometimes I'm bored of the game before the thing even boots, and I just decide I don't want to play a game right now after all.

I do enjoy my PSP on long plane flights though. Awesome way to pass the time.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought it was pretty cool of you to dislike video games but DAMN, these guys that are better than you at playing them are giving you a run for your money!

jaydub, i only retired from moderating.

[/ QUOTE ]

asro,

Nice edit and here I was set to call you a front runner but now I lack my quote... plus you called me out.

On a serious note, "video games" will be integrated into tv at some point and as is widely suspected TV and your PS? / XBOX will become one. This is eventual and inevitable so hating the games is foolish.

J

toys r us online had a 15% off your entire order coupon that expired yesterday. it worked on consoles and games, which is extremely rare. i still couldn't find a game for the xbox 360 that i really wanted to buy, so i didn't buy the system. how sad is that? the only things that really interest me are the xbox live arcade games, and trying to make them myself with xna game studio express (free game creation product from ms that's about to go into beta).

the nintendo ds is amazing. i probably haven't loved a game system this much since the game boy. that's saying a lot, because the original game boy gets big kid/nostalgia points. i've had a snes, ps1, ps2, n64, xbox, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
How can you not like video games? Video games have gotten so [censored] awesome in the last 8-or-so years its not even funny.

Mu guess is you suck at video games. your the guy who comes by my apartment while am playing Grand Theft Auto with my buddies, and when it's your turn, can't figure out how to get into a car. After I physically take the controller from your hands and show you what i meant when I said "press triangle" and give it back to you you proceed to drive into the nearest wall and cannot seem to back up, so you just keep grinding the car into the wall at an angle until your car is [censored] up, the hood falls off and it catches on fire, blows up and you die. then it is someone elses turn and you mention how you hate video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i laughed very hard at this.

I loved playing video games while growing up - from elementary school to college. Then sometime around my senior year in college the below happened to me:

[ QUOTE ]
I like video games, but I never play them. It's weird -- I'll think, "Cool, I think I'll chill and play a video game now." Then I fire up a game, play it for 10 minutes, and be done with it. Sometimes I'm bored of the game before the thing even boots, and I just decide I don't want to play a game right now after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only games I can play now are Tetris and GeoWars.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:13 AM

I used to play video games, but then poker became my new video game. The only games I ever play now are on N64, Mario Kart and Goldeneye, which is the greatest game. Ever.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:22 AM

I used to play video games... but this time slot is now consumed by a more profitable hobby.. poker