Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
These high-limit players bark orders at dealers and floormen, and everybody jumps. Why? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ] This should be in the psycology forum but it goes back to the old Jack Binion way. Jack always thought that money follows money. Players tend to play where the larger money games are. This meant that you do anything and everything to accomadate the high limit players to ensure the lower limit action follows. If this means you bend a rule or 2 once in a while for your high limit players than so be it. That was the old Horseshoe way. Things are changing now with Harrah's taking over but I still say if it's not broke....
Old 08-23-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone needs help writing the rules so they allow this (this is in rooms that do not have a forward moving button) it should say "the player that most recently paid the small blind shall receive the button."

[/ QUOTE ] The way thats worded still doesn't give the player in question any option but sitting out a hand. There was no small blind so the the button is still dead in his seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worded that way the button goes to the last player theat played the small blind. Since there was no small blind that hand it goes to the player that had the small blind the hand before (the button doesn't move).
Old 08-23-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Worded that way the button goes to the last player theat played the small blind. Since there was no small blind that hand it goes to the player that had the small blind the hand before (the button doesn't move).

[/ QUOTE ] I see said the blind man! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2006, 02:11 AM

If the guys a live one, then do what ever makes him happy and keeps him in the game...

Live ones are a godsend, and woe onto any floor person or table captain that chases them away over some trivial proceedural crap. As long as he isnt abusing other players or the dealers/Staff a little wink and nod or Home field ruling isnt bad if it keeps the live ones in, and coming back to your joint.. Of course now that Harrahs owns all the poker room joints but 2 or 3 in Tunica, I guess you dont have to be as friendly...

I still miss the good old days when you could go into the 'Shoe get put on the list for a game and get comped for a buffet while you wait for a seat if it was going to be a while.... *sigh*