Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Not sure how to proceed on turn.

3bet the flop. Button gave you a perfect opportunity to face the others with two cold.

Bet the turn. If one or two guys in the middle calls and the button raises again, it's pretty easy to find a fold.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 PM

You have a villian who plays too many hands and is really aggressive, and two players you can face with 2 bets. You have to 3-bet this flop and try to get it HU with the button.

Calling and then having the turn checked around would rate an 11 on the suck-o-meter.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:34 PM

I think I'm being convinced by the majority vote here to 3Bet the flop. In retrospect, I can't believe I just auto-called. Obviously lead the turn.

As played, I've heard c/c and b/f for turn. All the arguments were good, so I'll have to think about this alot. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I've heard c/c and b/f for turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
On the turn, there are a lot of different things that could happen. I like betting out. If it comes back to you raised, you're going to have a close decision based on where the raise came from and how big the pot is.

As played, I could also see c/ring the turn against such an aggressive button. Your equity against button is surely over 50% so getting HU with him would be a great situation. Of course this line has a pretty big risk that button is on a draw and checks the turn.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:54 PM

Button's stats are just weird, with him looking so passive preflop & so aggressive postflop. It could be that over this small sample size he just hasn't been dealt very many raising hands, or it could be that he's one of those weak/tight types that sees AK as a drawing hand and KK as an ace magnet, so he waits until the board is safe to put in his raises.

Given that you just called the flop raise (not such a terrible play with the size of the pot, as it doesn't take much to profitably call 2 there), this does look like a pretty clear bet/fold scenario on the turn. You could go for the c/r, but I think he takes the free card if he's drawing about 100% of the time.

The one thing I don't like about bet/fold is that we're in a huge pot and have so many potential outs to chop or better against any other ace except AK. But I don't think he raises again without at least AK if you lead the turn, and we are drawing dead to that hand or anything better.