Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Re: I called anyway... LC

ok i just read the thread, i had only looked at the hands.

oopsy
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 AM

KO: While I realize you're not holding these up as examples of how to play hands, I think an important point regarding hand 1 is that you should probably save this concept for HU or maybe 3handed situations. Once you get to 3 opponents, if someone is willing to make some retarded bluff into the entire field implicit collusion starts to kick in.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KO, that first flop call is really bad

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2006, 12:38 AM

Okay, it was really bad. I'll never ever do it again.

Now read the rest of the post, or don't and just let the thread die, I don't care which.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:56 AM

Sort of a grunch. I skimmed. I'd raise that first flop yes? Especially if villain is 90/x/x.

As for the second hand that pot is sort of small. If you are behind to any pocket pair or a stray 4 (which I'd probably bet and keep pushing in his shoes on a flop/turn/river like this given your reaction) you are drawing to 6 clean outs. This is the best case scenario if you are behind, and you will need odds of 6.7-1 to continue, which this pot is not offering. If he has KK you have only 3 outs. For a 9 or AA in hand you'll need very specific runner runners.

Although if you have a read that the guy really sucks and have noticed some severe overbluffs before, I think a call-down is ok. But it would take several severe bluff blunders for me to start calling down in such small pots (in theory). Am I wrong?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, it was really bad. I'll never ever do it again.

Now read the rest of the post, or don't and just let the thread die, I don't care which.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimmick posts never work out the way you want them to. Trust me.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 PM

I just read this thread and now I'm thoroughly confused KO. Remember the speech that the moderator of the "Billy Madison" competition gives after Sandler does his "Industrial Revolution," Little Lost Puppy metaphor comparison?

"We are all dumber now for having read that." Just a joke, but I don't want to see myself to start calling down w/ 88 on a AKA board.

I probably need to do it a little more with big overs like AK though, I'm usually lost when to do so even given a partial read on a guy.

Love ya.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:54 PM

Nooooooooo.... I thought this thread had died an ignominious death...

Never did see Billy Madison. I just turned on HBO and Showtime this weekend tho, so I'll look for it to TiVo.

And actually this thread did lead to a bit of a breakthrough for me, since it made me post a hand, which led to the understanding that maybe it isn't that I need to call down when I think I'm beat, but maybe not be so pessimistic concerning my opponent's holdings, and look beyond the obvious 'omg I'm beat' reaction.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nooooooooo.... I thought this thread had died an ignominious death...

Never did see Billy Madison. I just turned on HBO and Showtime this weekend tho, so I'll look for it to TiVo.

And actually this thread did lead to a bit of a breakthrough for me, since it made me post a hand, which led to the understanding that maybe it isn't that I need to call down when I think I'm beat, but maybe not be so pessimistic concerning my opponent's holdings, and look beyond the obvious 'omg I'm beat' reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a totally hopeless post at all then...just may have damaged my game back to the stone age is all. hehe

I got past the MUBS mostly, but since I'm still perfecting the call down game, any bad information may leak in and stunt my growth. Push it out Befolder, push it out.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Have a better hand then the aggressor when he aggresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, KO, if you have a better hand than the aggressor when he aggresses, shouldn't you aggress back?

Oh, wait, this is a criterion for posting a hand in this thread? See, I'm not so slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know you're ahead, for sure... but if you don't and the range you're THINKING he's betting is ahead of you, but you're not sure.

Oh well, guess I couldn't explain it well enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't this sound more sensical as I put him on this range of hands, I'm getting x:1 odds to call down, I'm better than 1/(x+1) against this range unimproved, therefore, I call down? I mean rather than I'm behind his range, I refused to be bluffed out of the pot by an idiot, therefore, I call down?