Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 01:43 PM

Default Re: AKs hits TPTK + fd and just calls?

You donīt know if the SB will overcall , but you will most probably get called from the BB if you raise - therefore raise. It is unlikely to run into a fullhouse.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you automatically assuming we're behind? Really, we don't have to be ahead all that often for it to make up for the equity we have from our draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, especially with an aggressive villian. If we are behind I would have expected a c/r. I raise the turn.

If we are behind, we have the nut flush draw (9 outs), 2 K's and 3 A's. We need to discount the As and maybe the Ks with the board being a little coordinated. But we have to have 12 outs if we are behind. We only need to be ahead 9% of the time then for a turn raise to have value. Maybe a little less since the button might call a raise.

As played raise the river. I doubt BB played a set like this, so I'm expecting a weaker flush or something else not a FH. If SB is loose and liked his hand well enough to donk the turn he may still overcall even if you raise.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:26 PM

If u know he only bets two-pair or better ur line is fine. If u think he may bet something else, ever, I like to raise.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM

If OP knows he's behind on turn I still like a raise there. It'll get checked to him on the river and he can check if unimproved or bet if he hits his 2pr or better. If we add in a weaker king to SB's donking range we can fire again on the river for value