Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 03:15 AM

Default Re: I got a speeding ticket in NY

There are cops with radar guns in airplanes handing out tickets? What year is this????!!!?!!11seven
Old 08-18-2006, 03:41 AM

Hey steve what county was this in? Me and a buddy got pulled over for speeding coming back from TS in Florida, NY. The cop was a huge douche.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:59 AM

It was in Cortland...wherever the [censored] that is. And the cop wasn't an ass, but he did seem to get some pleasure out of ticketing an out-of-state kid. He was in a black Chevy SUV, the name on the ticket was "Steven Bilodeau".
Old 08-18-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about insurance? Like I said I've never had a ticket or been arrested or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do what you have to do to get it reduced.

Not sure what the laws are in Maryland, but in NY that is considered a major violation. Most insurance companies consider 21 mph or greater over the posted speed limit to be a major violation. Some consider 16 mph or greater to be a major violation. If you're young, that ticket will haunt you for years. You will be considered "high-risk" for 3-5 years- by most companies and have to pay MUCH more.

If your driving record is good, you should be able to get it reduced easily (no lawyer). Simply call/contact the DA and plead your case. If you have to hire a lawyer-do it. You will save money in the long run.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 PM

Default In which I suck the Cortland DA\'s balls

[ QUOTE ]

Stephen Snow
806 Gettysburg Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21804

Dear Sir or Madam:

I recently spent 4 days enjoying a vacation in your beautiful state. On my way home, I was pulled over by Officer Steven P. Bilodeau within the jurisdiction of Cortland, NY while traveling south on I-81. I am writing to plead my case.

I am a 20 year old college student. I have never been in any trouble with the law, and this is my first speeding ticket. The ticket says I was going 88 in a 65 MPH zone; I admit full responsibility for speeding, although I do not believe I was going that fast. Either way, speeding was a momentary lapse of judgement and attention on my part. I am a CDL Class B license holder and normally a very safe driver; I have had over 70 hours of training to driver commercial vehicles (i.e. transit buses) for the University of Maryland, where I am still currently employed. My Maryland drivers license number is xxxxxxxxxxx if you would like to verify these statements.

Normally I would appear in court to plead no contest to this crime but I live around 7 hours away from your city, and I am going to be in the midst of classes on the date my court appearance is scheduled.

I would greatly appreciate any clemency your office could grant me as a first time offender. As a student I am already struggling to meet expenses and cannot afford a large ticket and/or a hike in my insurance premiums. Other than this ticket, I have a completely clean driving record, with no tickets and no "at-fault" accidents.

I have certainly learned my lesson about speeding, and I appreciate your time reading my letter. I will be attaching a copy of this letter with my plea by mail.

Thank you,

Stephen Snow

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be worth something, right?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: In which I suck the Cortland DA\'s balls

wtf? if you want clemency you gotta plead not guilty. tickets are about revenue generation. that letter aint worth a thing
Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: In which I suck the Cortland DA\'s balls

Well I have to go to court if I plead not guilty anyway AFAIK. And I'm not going to [censored] court in NY state when it's a 6-7 hour drive.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:00 PM

my friend got his first speeding ticket while we were driving to T-stone as well..up 81 as well I think.

he was only going 82 or 83 though..

He's going to NY to contest it..a friend told him that he would certainly get points on his liscense if he pleaded(EDIT: lol..pleaded?) guilty

but we live in NJ though which is insurance rip-off capital of the US