Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Versus some awesome bluffer

Alright, so he limps in on the button w/ a pair shorthanded, and takes a shot at you on the flop hoping you have unpaired overs, then calls down. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but okay I'm with you.

So he's not aggressive on the button preflop, strange. I don't get why you slow down just yet on the flop. Perhaps a call and donk is in order, but that may just be my own personal preference. So okay he checks through, meaning he's not holding a jack that paired, and likely not a 9.

On the river I don't care, I'm stabbing at this, and hoping he calls with something lame like the other hand. Perhaps my reasoning is out of spite that he checked through on the turn, and inducing a bluff is a better idea since he may have the 3, but yeah I still bet here.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but really this hand tells you all you need to know.
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd Jh (one pair, jacks).
Button has 2s 2d (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.25 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

To me this hand looks like the purest example of the Shania of c-betting overcards ever posted. Not a bluff.

Concerning the other hand, I would probably be 3-betting the flop thinking to myself 'you have not got a 9'. If he just called it I'd lead the turn, too. Then check on the river but I wouldn't be too crazy about my hand if he bet me on the river at that point, but probably still call it.

Umm yeah... well, like I say, I never said I'm good at this game.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 PM

I check/call the river. Give him another chance. Sometimes he will have the J, based on the check behind, but he will often have nothing and take a stab at the river, where he would otherwise fold to a bet.

Buzz
Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 PM

I am checking right here. Seems like a straightforward application of checking when the other player will bet more hands than he will call.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:19 PM

It looks like you got free carded, but that's a strange play heads up. I think you should have 3-bet this on the flop or lead out on the turn since it is a coordinated flop and the turn was an okay card. It's harder to play these hands out of position obviously. Check call river to try and induce. He either gave up or was on the draw. Either way he's not going to call, but might bluff.