Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Statement that pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
They should reopen the politics forum if only to keep people like you from needlessly searching for arguments in person.

EDIT: wording

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your incredibly dumb statement that added nothing but idiocy to this discussion

edit- seriously though did you even read my post? I was talking to a buddy about buying some weed and she jumps in to play Mrs. Knows everything and say that we're dumb for doing it. I ask her a rhetorical question aimed at disproving her in a non-confrontational way.

Spend a little more time reading and less time being a [censored] douchebag.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I love the smell of weed.
2. LOL @ drunk people trying to act sober.
3. Beer munchies >> weed munchies.
4. People that 'prefer to just sit around and talk about "how cool everything looks"' are douchebags. Marijuana has nothing to do with the douchebaginess of your friends.
5. Can't argue with this.
6. Blazing and having sex is a good combo, you should try it sometime.
7. Again, more douchebags. This time politicians.
8. It smells good.
9. Neither weed nor alcohol are anywhere close to harmless.
10. Did I mention I like the smell of weed?
11. LOL @ dorms.
12. WTF does that have to do with anything.
13. You probably think it smells so bad because most of the weed you been around is of poor quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, a friend of mine said he wanted to make a cologne that smelled like weed, even had a name, Dank. I think that's a little to far but I too enjoy the smell. Of course, I smoke good stuff, because that's how I roll [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

The reason someone drinking has to know the concentration of what your drinking is because you could die from it. No such thing in the way of weed.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:02 AM

Most people that talk about how great weed is are usually losers of the highest order.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:03 AM

Noze Candy,

You have generalized the behavior of your immature halfwitted friends. Also, the primary psychoactive molecule in the marijuana plant (THC) can be vaporized off the plant and inhaled free of carcinogens and without the smoke smell that you whiningly detest.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people that talk about how great weed is are usually losers of the highest order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I to assume you're sniping at me with this statement? If so, reread my response. All I did was parody an alcohol > weed post. Other than saying that I like the smell, I didn't really talk much about how great it is.

P.S. I don't smoke weed.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:00 AM

So, a few years back I did this paper in some law school class. Long story short, it had to do with the legalization of marijuana, something i'm in favour of for medicinal and recreational purposes.

(Fyi I don't smoke weed and can't really see why anybody does recreationally. Mainly because there are so many more enjoyable drugs out there. I compare it to people only listening to mainstream radio and never being exposed to underground and indie sounds)

Anyhow, I realized in the course of the research that the reason weed will never be legalized is that the majority of people advocating it are potheads.
And let's face it, most of them are either a bit simple or have smoked themselves retarded over the years. For an intelligent pothead (like you seem to be Shaka) it's a bad wagon to hitch your's to.
This is all to say that while you seem to have your head together, your 'standard response to hypocrites' (which they are, of course, laughably so) is one i'm begging you to drop. It is just weak and fallacious, implying that ODing (death and near-death/permanent injury) is the worst and almost only fate, whereas so many lives are ruined by drug abuse and only a tiny fraction result in an OD. Many people would pray for death after the way many harder drugs [censored] them up.
The problems with weed, to me, are that it makes you slower, permanently, mentally and physically, causing extreme clinical depression and insomnia, and quite frankly makes you boring to other people (who aren't high). There'll never be an OD but to some this might seem like a fate worse than death, to others minimal. It depeneds on your philosophical approach to being alive.

Sorry for being so long winded.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:02 AM

Oops, double post.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 AM

Read the cliff notes.

Wrong view. You are supposed to make fun of her (however playfully or hatefully u deem necessary) for said opinion.

That's it. U win.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

6. Blazing and having sex is a good combo, you should try it sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. I revise my statement, I do see why people will recreationally smoke.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:27 AM

Chump Change,

Since when does marijuana cause insomnia or clinical depression without confounding variables involved? In fact, a lot of people use specific strains to treat insomnia. You say that "weed will never be legalized" because the majority of people advocating it are potheads? As a law student you should be fully aware that state laws are hardly the fruit of the majority. In your research did you ever come across the entrepeneur Richard Wolfe, who was singlehandedly responsbile for the decriminilization of marijuana in Ohio?

Some serious headway is currently being made in the decriminalization of marijuana as well as in the research of alternative forms of THC administration. The volcano vaporizer may soon be approved by the FDA to provide a carcinogen-free medical administration of THC. A lot of the stereotypical stoner qaulities (lack of motivation, depression etc.) are evidently present before an individual turns to marijuana. Also, taking THC in pill form or via vaporization eliminates many of the negative symptoms typically associated with smoke inhalation.