Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: AKo .5/1 I suck when I\'m not the aggressor

my plan would be to c/r CO. If he 3-bets, then it's time to slowdown.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM

*grunching newbie*

So you hit a strong hand. Bet, raise, do some damage. Back door flush, back door straight draw. A few outs to trips and 2 pair.

Some stats and reads would be nice. If those guys are really tight, i might slow down, bet call sort of thing, but proably woudlnŽt.
But like you said, no reads or stats.

I would even probably check raise, since a bet from the other guys is likely.

I will now move on to read what other people have said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM

Yeah there are tons of ways to play it. We have the deck slammed for the most part unless TT is out there. This is one of those times where you can afford to get tricky and not really worry much about getting outdrawn. That said...the pot is big so going right after it cant be all that bad of a plan. The only play I don't really understand is leading right out on the flop.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 PM

mp3 had a pp so did co.
i dont see why from just that you can recomend plays for all streets when ther flop action wasnt even mentioned.
the two other players obviously should have pps. so bet out and see how they feel about there hand on flop(knowing that that good f draw isnt possible).
and see if they play like they got trips on the turn. if not get action on the river knowing that no one should have a striaght or flush.

ps. most like hand that is beating you on this one is tt and so id say be scared of the pf 3 better and not the 4 on this one. hes ussually call your flop bet and raise the turn at that limit. you can sill call him down cause he may well have ak as well. his betting leads to that. but if you bet and he raised and the 4 better calls that flop be very afraid!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM

well, i trust that when you were pondering what to do on the flop you were not thinking about folding...

You are in a good position right now, you have top pair, best kicker, with a back door flush draw with the Ace...so, you have a strong hand...perhaps someone has set of Aces, Tens or KQ for a gutshot or a flush draw--those are the dangers, but i would fear only the AA's, and its possible you would get that preflop action from your opponents whith them holding many hand you beat or tie, including AKo as you have...and only two other opponents...

you have pre-flop raisers behind you, and if they are strong players they know that position is most valuable with 2-4 opponents, so you can expect the others to bet on this round...

but also remember, betting on the small bet rounds is not as truthful as bets on the big bet rounds

So, my question for myself would be to bet now, or wait until the turn? The others could be overplaying their hands...Ususally, i think an ounce of trickery instills a pound of fear, so i would be inclined to check/call here, and then check/raise on the turn--i would think the new opponents will remember my doing that for quite a while if i win the hand...also, i would expect some betting on the flop, and i would cold-call if it came to that

so, i would play slow here, and wait till the turn to check-raise, and if re-raised, then either call down or fold...
Old 08-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Also, i think if we check raise here, there is also the chance that we can trap mp3 to face 2 bets, if he just checks to the preflop capper. So it just might be enough for him to fold - although not likely, but possible. Thus weŽd increase our winning chances even more.

Also, i think it was a good note from the KingOtter ( at least from my newbie point of view) why we should check the flop. I might actualy write that down somewhere:

"A lot of hands I beat will bet when checked to, but not raise when bet. " -KingOtter. Excellent! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those times where you can afford to get tricky and not really worry much about getting outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Anyone with two diamonds has 8 outs to a flush, anyone with a mix of 2 of JQK has a gutshot, and anyone with a pair could spike a second pair on the turn. Granted we would have redraws against all these hands, but it's not like we have a monster here.

I'd understand a c/c flop line on a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] kind of flop, but here?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those times where you can afford to get tricky and not really worry much about getting outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Anyone with two diamonds has 8 outs to a flush, anyone with a mix of 2 of JQK has a gutshot, and anyone with a pair could spike a second pair on the turn. Granted we would have redraws against all these hands, but it's not like we have a monster here.

I'd understand a c/c flop line on a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] kind of flop, but here?

[/ QUOTE ]

What two diamonds do you see playing this way pre-flop? KQ? Not the most common 3-bet or capping hand. Besides the re-draw to the nut flush is in our favor.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mp3 had a pp so did co.
i dont see why from just that you can recomend plays for all streets when ther flop action wasnt even mentioned.
the two other players obviously should have pps. so bet out and see how they feel about there hand on flop(knowing that that good f draw isnt possible).
and see if they play like they got trips on the turn. if not get action on the river knowing that no one should have a striaght or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that they both obviously have pocket pairs?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM

obviously SHOULD. if they dont at best they SHOULD have ak. either way on that id. bet out to see if they feel like protecting there hand or just goin for a call since aks isnt possible for a draw call. but hey ive play at that limi capped against k7 off and 109 in the same hand!