Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Re: its been a while - checkup

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate a call here. I don't hate just call call calling this hand to keep these loose monkeys around. I don't mind a raise in here somewhere, either, but I think I'd rather do it on a more expensive street.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really like this idea. You are going to offer something like 15:1 for the 3rd player.

[/ QUOTE ]

With one major caveat I like the idea of smooth calling this flop and getting aggressive on the turn. Our primary concern is if V2 is capable of cold-calling 3 preflop w/ some crap like 96s or 36s. The point about offering 15:1 is very important but only really relevant if you can reasonably expect this guy to be on a gutshot draw. V2's loose preflop but even someone who's 40/4 at a shorthanded table isn't cold-calling 3 w/ 36 or something.

As for the first villain, you're either WA or WB and it's much more likely that you're ahead. Keep the fish in the bowl on this flop; you can get some more out of them here.

TPK
Old 08-10-2006, 01:25 PM

*grunch*

The pot is now 12 sb. I consider this a large pot. I would do what I can to protect my hand. => I raise. This hopefully causes V2 to fold and gives you position for the rest of the hand.

If your 3-bet here, I would c/c the rest of the hand. You have top pair with the best kicker on uncordinated board. If you improve after the 3-bet, you may play more agressive, but otherwise just c/c.

In my experience a decent player will not cap with anything less then AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK. (sometimes KQ). Your either way ahead or way behind, but with the 3rd player left to act and the pot large, you should definatly try to induce him to fold by protecting your hand with a raise.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other guy is probably drawing slim.

[/ QUOTE ]
Two outs is probably enough to make a profitable call when you don't raise the flop (and we assume he is going to play the turn correctly by check/folding UI). When we call and wait to raise on the turn, this line probably just forced your opponent to play perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have odds with 2 outs. If he has Ax, he's got 3 outs. The problem here is getting 3-bet by a bigger hand, and folding out weaker hands that will call one bet. If we wait for the turn, we are giving up a small edge to cause them to make bigger mistakes. I am not against raising. I think it's close.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:32 PM

so it seems split between raise and call. I was leaning more towards a call, just to let v2 come along for the ride on this pretty harmless board. And if I had v1 wb, I would like to see him bet again on the turn, which I think he would do if I just called the flop.

If I call the flop, I am planning to raise the turn, anyone have any objection. I think someone suggested call, call, call.

I do like raising the flop to make v2 make a mistake if he calls, b/c if I offer him 14-1, he can call with almost all his hands. If I raise he may still call with a piece of the flop, but I think v1 will fold his TT-QQ.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:38 PM

I think it's fine either way as Buzz said because the flop is so uncordinated. If there were another broadway card in there you would have to raise I think. SB has at most 3 outs here unless he hit a set so call and raise the turn is fine.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:39 PM

If you call the flop, raise the turn fer shore.

I don't hate that line, and I probably should take it more myself (along with the 'don't c-bet every time'), but it's soooo hard not to raise.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Big pot, TPTK, raise flop...thread over
Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I call the flop, I am planning to raise the turn, anyone have any objection. I think someone suggested call, call, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if youre just calling the flop, its with the intention of raising. Call, call, call is pretty retarded in this particular hand. Raising the flop is the superior play imo
Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have odds with 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is getting 15:1 or so on the flop and if he tuns a set I think he can expect to earn more than 3BB on average given the fact that the pot was capped preflop. Average action is probably something like PF capper bets, you call, he raise, one fold, one call. He bets river again and get called again.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 PM

The thing I have to ask myself in a 3 way is can I get squeezed out?

If I reraise V1 and V2 3 bets and V3 caps and I am comfortable with playing this hand maxed then I would raise it.

I can't discount that V2 didn't cold call with KK or 77 myself(it looks like V2 cc 3 bets I don't think you said if he was in the blind or not.

What will calling the raise do if V2 reraises and V1 3 bets? Will I fold here?

I don't think calling is saving you anything myself other than an extra bet into an already big pot. Its not going to change your odds any on the turn into a fold situation.

A raise at leasts gives you more information on where you stand on the hand and I would take a cheap raise here over being trapped for two bets on the turn or river.

I have to play this as a max win max loss hand myself on the flop and then rejudge from there.