Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Barca/America

i dont get it. i watched it with no sound expecting an awesome goal and saw ronaldinho hit the wall and then the game end. i assume the announcer did something funny? 4-4 seems hot. better than the 1-1 we got in LA, but man that game was rad.

rj

edit: nevermind, i just saw the second video. wow i wish i went to the houston game. messi didnt play in LA. im soooo jealous.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the 83rd minute to stoppage time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-DtjM9oIhQ

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, that was great.

I [censored] hate that announcer. He is unbelievable when it comes to pronouncing names. He butchers them all over the place and always overemphasises them. Ronaljinho, who the hell is that? Etu? If he didn't try way too hard it would be one thing, but he absolutely cannot pronounce them properly at all and tries so hard to emphasize their pronunciation.

[/ QUOTE ]

<------bought a brand new bright orange ETU jersey at the game sunday. im really dissapointed because they misprinted mine to say eto'o, as if that was his real name or something...

rj
Old 08-10-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the 83rd minute to stoppage time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-DtjM9oIhQ

[/ QUOTE ]

commentator sounds like tsn|joe
Old 08-10-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<------bought a brand new bright orange ETU jersey at the game sunday. im really dissapointed because they misprinted mine to say eto'o, as if that was his real name or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is his last name. I'm not sure if that's what he wears on his jersey though.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is his last name. I'm not sure if that's what he wears on his jersey though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the point. The announcer pronounces it as if it were Etu. He's an idiot. Similarly, Daniel Alves (should be pronounced ahl-ves with the last syllable rhyming with face) magically become alvs (which is hard to describe, but the last bit is pronounced like the ves in haves).

He is by far my least favorite announcer. He pronounces names like the SNL skit awhile ago where Jimmy Smits was on and they were overpronouncing Spanish words, and he butchers the [censored] out of them.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was being sarcastic. i love eto'o. i would hope so if i bought his jersey for 100 bucks.

rj